News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: left arm pain

sweety - Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Hello I am a 32 yr old female considered pretty healthy other than whiplash injuries from an accident few yrs ago also with fibromyalgia.
i've had severe upper back pain as well as in the shoulder blades. Sometimes difficult to move or breathe b/c of pain.
I've been going to massage and chiro care for some time now.
DEVELOPED SEVERE LEFT ARM PAIN SINCE CHIRO ADJUSTMENTS.
Pain in arm is sometimes constant but there for 2 months now.Pain in arm is a severe deep ache or a squeezing or cramping around arm and also radiates to forearm and behind elbow.
ache is in upper shoulder and cramping under armpit area or upper arm.
Looking forward to hearing some replies to this problem.
[/i]
 Dr. A. Madia - Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:43 am

User avatar Hi Sweety,

Causes of left arm pain are many.

Right from a cardiac anginal pain it could be a pain from cervical spondylosis, frozen shoulder, fibromyalgia, etc.

From the description of your symptoms it looks more like a spondylosis. I would advise you to get an X ray of Cervical Spine Lateral view and if spondylosis is threre you will need to take Physiotherapy, Short Wave diathermy and Traction to relieve the pain. after a 2 week course of the same you may continue physiotherapy exercises at home.

Cardiac pain at your age { in a woman of menstruating age } is quite uncommon although not unknown. If tou have predisposing factors like a family history, High Blood pressure, Diabetes mellitus, or High lipid levels, you may require and Echo and a stress ECG.

Get back to me with the result of the Cervical X ray and also with more details if required.

Dr A. Madia,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here