Question: left arm pain

sweety - Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Hello I am a 32 yr old female considered pretty healthy other than whiplash injuries from an accident few yrs ago also with fibromyalgia.
i've had severe upper back pain as well as in the shoulder blades. Sometimes difficult to move or breathe b/c of pain.
I've been going to massage and chiro care for some time now.
DEVELOPED SEVERE LEFT ARM PAIN SINCE CHIRO ADJUSTMENTS.
Pain in arm is sometimes constant but there for 2 months now.Pain in arm is a severe deep ache or a squeezing or cramping around arm and also radiates to forearm and behind elbow.
ache is in upper shoulder and cramping under armpit area or upper arm.
Looking forward to hearing some replies to this problem.
[/i]
 Dr. A. Madia - Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:43 am

User avatar Hi Sweety,

Causes of left arm pain are many.

Right from a cardiac anginal pain it could be a pain from cervical spondylosis, frozen shoulder, fibromyalgia, etc.

From the description of your symptoms it looks more like a spondylosis. I would advise you to get an X ray of Cervical Spine Lateral view and if spondylosis is threre you will need to take Physiotherapy, Short Wave diathermy and Traction to relieve the pain. after a 2 week course of the same you may continue physiotherapy exercises at home.

Cardiac pain at your age { in a woman of menstruating age } is quite uncommon although not unknown. If tou have predisposing factors like a family history, High Blood pressure, Diabetes mellitus, or High lipid levels, you may require and Echo and a stress ECG.

Get back to me with the result of the Cervical X ray and also with more details if required.

Dr A. Madia,

|