News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Strange pain in right arm, and other sensations.

Josh2005 - Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi,

I have for the last day or two now had in my right arm under my arm a feeling like an ache when i move it... The ache seems to be running along the artery in my arm, I know it is an artery as when I applied pressure to it the pulse stopped in my right hand :S So I am not syre whether it is narrowed or a blood clot is in there or something :S somehing nastry is going on. The pain is there when I move my arm. It is a very subtle pain nothing major just enough to know it is there. I have had a thyroid check that is not under active or overactive, and I have had various other tests done. I am worried it is a problem with my artery in myright arm :s or something. Also been getting under my collar bone or just under there like nasty pains and like a stich feeling in my left side, about half way down. Also currently got a slow pulse about 66 - 72bpm and also been getting pains around my left shoulder near my back too prob where the artery goes through not sure! I am really concerned over the feeling it iss possible it is muscular but I also worry that me applying pressure to the artery has caused it to become worse perhaps causing bleeding and a clot or something :S it feels farily flexable, also my pulse in my left hand is fairly strong still, I had to push down quite a bit for it to stop so there an't be too much of a narrowing? can there. Have I caused damage to myself? Also I am going to book in for a 24 hour monitoring of my heart rate ECG or EKG tomorrow If I can.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 am

User avatar Dear Josh,

If at any time you think you have a blood clot or ischemia in any of your limbs, please, report immediately to the emergency department.

i don't think that it is that easy to cause harm to oneself just by applying pressure to your own artery. Very long shot.

i think you have neck or back problems that are giving you these symptoms, i recommend that you have a neck x-ray to rule this out.

A pulse of 66-72 is actually perfect. The pulse range is from 60-90, it is called slow if below 60 and fast if above 100.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here