Question: Chest pain in middle, under left rib & left side of stom

mik80 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:48 am

Hello
I am a 24 year old male who does smoke but rarely drinks if ever.

Lately I have been getting chest pains that come and go almost in the middle of my chest, sometimes it moves around under the rib area mostly left sided, around the first rib underneath and moves as far as the side of my chest and lower, (abs) very seldom it does move to the right side but does happen, this has been happening for 3-4 weeks now and it happens random, it ranges from sharp, stabbing or dull pains lasting from a few seconds to 2-3 minutes, also sometimes i get a stiff neck with the pains from the chest or without, from my jaw down to my neck .. also on the left side of my body or behind my neck, I can breath normal so no problems there. I don't really know if its getting worse or not but it happens almost everyday, something is not right because this has never happened before, im afraid it could be a heart attack or something else pretty bad.

I should note though I have a very very bad tooth that is rotton and have had it for a year or more now and have been on antibiotics twice for it, next week I am getting it pulled, I have thought maby this is causing the pain in the chest, maby from a blood infection or from the decay getting bad or something such as this ?
 mik80 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:07 am

Id like to add in one thing I should of added but forgot to mention, is that I can be a very heavy caffine drinker .. coffee and thought that too could be the cause, since coffe can speed up the heart?
 ashleyj722 - Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:23 pm

Hi, I am a 19 year old female, and i also have had awful chest pains that occur randomly. These pains occur at such random times and will last for few seconds to a minute. It feels like a needle getting pushed into my ribcage sometimes really close to my heart. These pains make it difficult to breath and worsen with a deeper breath.
I have no clue what this is, but i have been getting these pains for atleast the past 2 years.. and they happen atleast 1 a week some times more. hopefully someone has an answer or suggestion. I've been looking a ton online to what it may be. I've never made a doctors appointment for it, i've just always forgot to bring it up.
:)

|