Question: Pink bumps on penis

stellarkid - Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:59 am

i've only had sex with 2 women in the past year and a half, one of them being my current girlfriend. however, i still am in contact with the other girl and neither of the two have any pink bumps like i do.

anyway, there are small pink bumps around the shaft of my penis, not on it, but in the pubic hair area at the base of it. they don't really itch... though sometimes i think they do. they're about the size of a pimple (maybe a tad bigger) but look nothing like one... they're all one color and round. there are two of them, one on each side of the shaft of the actual penis.

there is also a larger bump that resembles the size of a mole in the higher/outer area of my pubic hair. only, it too is pink.

none of these are painful and i would like to supply a picture if possible to give anybody that can help a better idea of what i am dealing with. thank you so much for reading!
 stellarkid - Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:23 pm

please do not consider this a "bump" as i could not edit my original post.

here are pictures of each of the 3 bumps:

ftp://kyd.net/IMG_1314.JPG

ftp://kyd.net/IMG_1318.JPG

ftp://kyd.net/IMG_1319.JPG

the first picture is the one in the higher/outer region of the pubic hair, it is the biggest bump.

the second and third pictures are the smaller bumps on each side of the penis at its base.

these bumps have been there for no more than 6 to 8 months. they each came a few months apart from each other.
 stellarkid - Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:57 am

these lumps have not gone away, but have seemed to decrease in size a bit. still, can anybody here help?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:24 pm

User avatar Dear stellarkid,
I apologize for the delay.
Unfortunately, for some reason I was unable to check the pictures you posted.
Most penile papules do not have a serious cause, but some are infectious and may lead to more serious conditions.
A number of different types of wart may appear on or near the penis. They may be single or multiple, skin-coloured, pink or brown, with a moist surface. Genital warts are caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) and are infectious. HPV infection is associated with the development of cervical and anal cancer, so it is important that sexual partners are screened for evidence of infection.
Another possibility is an inflammation of the hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands. These are a normal part of the skin's anatomy and are commonly found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature.
Have a doctor check them out just in case they turn out to be genital warts.
Please keep us updated.
 stellarkid - Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 am

Hello Dr. Fouad and thanks for the reply. i've posted the pictures again here.

bump 1 is right at the base of the shaft. bump 2 is about four inches away from the shaft and toward my left leg. i really hope these pictures help you get a good idea.

ftp://kyd.net/bump1a.JPG

ftp://kyd.net/bump1b.JPG

ftp://kyd.net/bump2.JPG

thanks again!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:30 pm

User avatar Hi there,

Sorry I tried again. I couldnt access the pictures again. Have you been to your doctor's yet? You should.

One other possiblity from your description comes to mind: Molluscum contagiosum, a common, benign, infectious viral disease affecting the skin and mucous membranes. In adults it may be sexually transmitted and this is probably the commonest cause of penile molluscum in adult men. It is a viral sexually transmitted infection, located on the inner thigh, penis, and scrotum. They are usually multiple and about 3- to 6-mm in size. They are dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. The hallmark of central umbilication appears in only 25% of the lesions. These papules can have a pedunculated gross appearance, and sometimes a milky-white curd like material can be squeezed from the central umbilication.

It may disappear without treatment, but freezing or cautery will usually get rid of it. Molluscum contagiosum is a marker for 'unsafe' sexual practices in adulthood and those affected should be screened for HIV.

Please see your doctor as soon as possible.
 stellarkid - Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm

ok i've tested the pictures on a couple different computers. there is no way that they are not working! i am so sorry about this and i appreciate all of your help. if you don't mind, please give them another click

ftp://kyd.net/bump1b.JPG
ftp://kyd.net/bump1a.JPG
ftp://kyd.net/bump2.JPG
 stellarkid - Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:55 pm

once more, sorry about this. my server is acting up. i hosted the pics on imageshack. click the following.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2586/bump1a3wi.jpg (bump 1, base of penis)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2066/bump1b5rf.jpg (bump 1)

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/4336/bump28ys.jpg (bump 2, four inches off from penis)
 stellarkid - Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:39 am

dr. fouad, any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:32 pm

Sorry for the delay in my response. How is your condition now? In the last post you said it was regressing a little. The second bump is suspicious of a wart. I advise you get it checked out to rule out an STD.

Please keep me posted.
 Striker - Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:10 pm

I am a 23 year old male with a bump EXACTLY like your first one. Any update on the situation?
 jubjub - Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:36 am

well see im only 15 and i have the same problem, every one and awhile i get a pink dot on my pubical area about 2 inches above the base of my shaft, today i just found out i have a little bump maybe half a cm big stretching from my shaft to the base i guss you would call it, im worried, as far as i know i havnt done anything dangerous with a female. please help
 kevpreston - Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

I had the same issue and got this advice from a dermatologist with 19 years experience.

These pearly white papule(bumps) with a central umbilication are called Molluscum contagiosum, a viral infection. Usually seen in children, it occurs in adults as a sexually transmitted disease. Other types of close contact or usage of towels etc can also transmit the disease.

These are usually self limiting and can go away by themselves after a few months or even years. Except for the contact transmission risk, these are comparatively harmless eruptions.

Removal is easy with needle excision and curretage, cryo freezing or electro cautery. You should see a dermatologist to get these removed.

Hope this helps.

For further info on molluscum contagiosum, please read this article:

http://skindisease.suite101.com/article ... ontagiosum
 confusedfella - Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 pm

hi im a 19 year old male with exactly the same problem i have 7 bumps though they don't hurt and they look just like the persons who sent the pictures it has me really worried i have had 10 woman that i have slept with i did not noticed them until about the 8th im just really worried that i passed whatever it is on.. my current girlfriend knows about it and has no bumps or symptoms if someone could clarify what is going on i would be very thankful
 jen157 - Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:43 pm

That pic looks just like my HPV. Here are some more genital wart pictures your gonna have to get that checked out as soon as possible.

|