Question: purple line down buttocks cleft

lilith1991 - Fri May 11, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm an 18 year old female. My boyfriend recently pointed out a dark purple line that extends the length of my butt crack. It can only been seen when my cheeks are spread, which is why I guess i never noticed it before. It is more red as it gets to the uppermost part of my crack. There is no pain, itching, or discomfort. I just find it unattractive and unusual, since I have never seen it before, such as in porn. I searched a lot online and only saw things related to pregnant women, which I am not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Marceline F, RN - Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:34 am

User avatar Dear Lillith1991,
I was asked to see if I could assist in answering your interesting question. Dermatological questions can be difficult to answer when dealing with discolorations or blemishes of the skin. The presence of a non-uncomfortable mark may be merely a birthmark - and if so, is accepted or rejected based on the bearer's self-perception. A mole for example is to one a blight, to another sexy as can be. If the mark is not actually a scratch, or sore, or fungal infection, but is merely your body's uniqueness, I suggest you consider it your special mark, and not an ugly blemish. I would hope your boyfriend appreciates you - ALL of you - exactly as you are. If his love for you is affected by whether or not you have a beauty mark that is unusual, and one by the way that is not available for the general public to see! - well - that seems like a somewhat shallow perspective to me!
 trinity_137 - Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

Hello, I found this post while searching for a second opinion on your same question. I find it interesting that many things like this are missed by the medical community. I have the same 'birth mark' and actually I was recently told that it was probably related to the structure of my vascular system. Apparently I was born with fewer blood vessels in that area than some other people, and therefore stretching the skin cuts off the blood circulation. This could be due to the fact that the skin is comparably thinner along the buttocks cleft of women with this mark. It is just a structural difference that some women have, and so it is not harmful.

|