News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: White Blotches Under Skin On Arms & Legs- Concern??

evo23 - Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi,

I have a concern im 23/ M, in the past month or so i have had These white spots/blothes under the skin of my arms and legs they are not raised in any way, i can not feel them and they do not itch, they come and go, if i lift my arms upwards they slowly diasspear but when i bring them back down they come back,its as if they may be caused by blood flow/circulation, i have no real symtoms other than my arms & legs feeling a little bit weaker than normal.

here is two links to images of my arm & leg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/277/cimg3829to4.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6398/cimg3827wm5.jpg

Any info/advice on this concern Would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance
Evo
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 18, 2007 12:59 pm

User avatar From the pictures and your description it is likely that these spots are tied to the blood circulation. I suspect that they are not harmful. There is a similar condition in newborns known as cutis marmorata. It is due to the blood vessels closing and opening at various times. In newborns we attribute this to a "not quite fully mature" capillary/vessel system.

It is likely that you are experiencing a similar condition, although probably not due to immaturity.

I would suggest that you mention this to your doctor the next time you are in to get a direct examination.

Best wishes.
 evo23 - Sun May 20, 2007 10:23 pm

Mant Thanks Dr.Lowe for your reply & info. Kind Regards
 evo23 - Wed May 30, 2007 1:57 pm

I have not been to the doctors yet, do you really think that i should? and also could this be caused by any sort of sti's?
thats all i have been thinking about i have not had any sexual activity for about 8 months but i am still concerned this may be the cause, or could it be caused by stress ? i have been stressing alot latetly.

Regards
Evo
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 30, 2007 4:51 pm

User avatar I think it is unlikely that your skin findings are related to a sexually transmitted disease. This presentation would be unusual.

I do not think this is something that needs to be see emergently. You can probably just have it checked out at your convenience.

Keep in mind, however, that I am only looking at pictures and cannot properly give you a medical opinion due to the limitations of the internet. If you are concerned I would advise you to be seen sooner.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here