News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: small painful red raised bumps on palm of hand

leshelley - Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 am

Hi, I'm a 26 year old healthy female. Occasionally I get these red bumps about the size of a pimple on the palm of either or both of my hands. I also get them on my fingers on front or back. Sometimes they itch after the first day, but the first day they are sensitive to the touch. They usually go away after a few days..but I wonder what they are and why they keep coming back.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities. There are several viruses that can cause these lumps. If it keeps coming back it is less likely to be a virus, though.

Another possibility is a form of eczema called dyshydrotic eczema. This commonly will effect the fingers/hands and toes/feet. Flares can be treated with a topical steroid.

I would recommend that you see your doctor when you have the spots so a proper diagnosis can be made. This way you can get the right treatment.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here