Question: dark purple spot on shaft of penis

kpg6762 - Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:38 pm

my girlfriend and i just recently started have protected sex and for both of us it was our first time. After 4th time we had sex i noticed a dark purple sport on the lower right side on the shaft of my penis (it looks almost like a really bad hicky). it doesn't itch or anything like that and from my research i think it might be fordyce but im not really sure and a second opinion would be great
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 pm

User avatar Hi Kpg6762,

Fordyce spots are typically small, raised lumps that appear skin colored or white. A purple spot may be a broken blood vessel (like a bruise) or a blood vessel that is closer to the skin.

kpg6762 - Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:08 am

so in that case in a broken blood vessel a big deal? will it go away?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:34 am

User avatar If it's a broken blood vessel it will go away on its own. Essentially it is a bruise. The vessel will heal fine.