News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small red "dots" on the skin

PrivacyPlease - Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:22 pm

I have noticed in the last couple of years small red dots appearing on my skin. Not like mosquito bites, but much, much smaller (some the size of a pin tip, but some as large as a pin head). They are all over my body and if you look closely you can see hundreds of them on the skin's surface. They do not irritate me outside of appearances, but there are only a couple that are clearly visible (one on my eyelid). I have very limited time to see doctors, but if this is potentially something drastic, I will go in a heartbeat. Any advice? Thank you. :?:
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:51 am

User avatar Hello:
A couple of things come to mind when you mention small red spots on the skin. They could be Campbell de Morgan spots which are clumps of tiny blood vessels just under the skin or petechiae which are pin-point red spots from blood vessels. By themselves both are harmless. However, if they are accompanied by bruising, fatigue, nausea they could be signs of a more serious disease. It is normal to develop these tiny red spots in greater numbers as we grow older and that is just part of the aging process. Be sure to see the doctor though if you have any other symptoms accompanying them.
Kind Regards,
Carolyn
 chiclady - Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:03 pm

i have tiny red dots on my breast... one of them got really biglike prolly 2 times bigger then the original..... everything i looked at doesnt really explain what i have.. it doesnt hurt... it doesnt have a bulge..... its not a sore... its just a red dot .... i have been feeling nausious... but that has been within the past week.... can you please tell me what i might have and if it is serious enough that i would have to go to the doctor....
 Mak Wilson - Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:20 am

Can you tell what the 'serious disease' is that you refer to? I have red dots on the skin and fatigue and nausea. I have in the past been diagnosed with ME but it seems to have gotten worse of late and more red dots have appeared.

Mak
 buzbee1991 - Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Well i have gotten these very small red dots after tanning. is it possibly skin cancer???? I have an old friend that has much large blotches of red and she was diagnosed with skin cancer ....

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here