Question: Moderate to sever sunburn - how do I reduce swelling in legs

JRFREE - Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:06 pm

I recently got a moderate to severe sunburn - no blistering but swelling in my legs so painful it is difficult to walk. Although the burn hurts it is the swelling that is causing the severe pain The swelling is stretching my skin and my ankles are so swollen I cant even see them - Is there anything I can do to help reduce this swelling?? Thank you
 Sazerac - Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:25 am

First time out I decided to lay out in the sun for 1 hour on each side with no sunscreen my back side was fine ..but my front was very red not to mention my legs and ankles to the point where I had pink legs with red speckles and on one leg I cant even see my ankle bone its so swollen ..theres no pain, unless i stand i have to shift weight fast or i get a ripping pain in my legs..but seems to subside if i take the pain for a little..Its been 3 days and Im still red and swollen..Now Jr from the reading I have read so far the reason for the swelling is becuase your body is fighting the sunburn...I will still look further,,but i don't have insurance at this time and don't want to make a doctor visit..but very conserned if the sweling should be looked into or will it subside after the redness starts to dissapate...I am glad i saw your post....hope all is well
 JRFREE - Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:45 am

I did finally recover from that sunburn, and a few of the things I found that really helped the swelling and pain in my legs - oatmeal soak - you can get an oatmeal bath mixture at most drug stores - it really helped, also although keeping your legs elevated helps keep the fluid retention down I found that if I set them down and worked them a bit before standing it really helped reduce the sharp pains. Keep the burns hydrated with aloe and lotion to help reduce scarring
 condor - Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:20 pm

hihi ^^ i have recently gone to the beach for a few hours, and i got moderate - severe sunburn, my shoulders have blistered up and my ankles have swollen, i went on monday, its now thursday, what should i do? im single and stuck in my appartment, i thin i have enough food and water to last , but its very painful to walk :P my email is sunxiaohui_D@hotmail.com please email me any time ^^ thk u

|