Question: BODY ODOR 4 YEARS NO CHANGE NEEDS ADVICE

samantha - Wed May 04, 2005 11:32 am

I am a 21 year old female who pays more atention to hygiene than probably any other person i know i bathe 2-3 times per day was with a natural brush or scrub to remove dead skin sells and bacteria . I use antiabaterial and natural soaps. I apply arm and hammer baking soda deodorant beacuse i know baking soda is good . i put on freshly laundered clothes but most of the time i like to wear new unworn clothes becuase there should not be any bacteria on it i put on my perfume and i go to work. within the half of an hour it takes me to get there I can tell i smell. This i completely do not undersatand. I first noticed this problem when i was 16 when people stated to sniff hold their nose i a even heard some of them say i smelled. Even then i was always i clean person. During high scholl was the worst i would constantly go to the bathroom to apply deodorant and perfumes when i left school to go home. nothing worked. I once went to my mother back then all she said was to take perfume to school. then i heard people saying it smelled of cologne and funky so obviously the smell was overwhemling my body. I used every deodorant used many products and perfumes bathed right before i went through the door even in winter people go the smell summer is 3 times worse. All along i thought it was my underam that was causing the problem. I would sweat all the time. but i realized i sweat because i was nervouse about people smelly me. Then i stopped sweat like i used to but this body odor was still there i did some research online and found body odor can be caused by internal problems. MY BODY ODOR HAS TO BE COMING FROM INSIDE OF ME . I also started to develop bad breath but that's easier to maintain than the body odor but i believe they are somehow related to whichever problems i have internally . i hav elso done a 5 day detox where i only had liquids and cleansing products. I once felt so embarrased about this but i do not want to be embarrased no more i want HELP. right now i do not have insurance but i just stated a job and i will be getting a package in the mail soon . the only family history i know of is high blood pressure from my mother and my grandfather and daibetes from my grandmother which she developed 2 years before she died. yes she took insulin. I do not expect to be cured by writin this i just would like some advise in what kind of doctor should i consult do i go to the hospital. The last physical i had showed me to be healthy all my life healthy except that i have hepatitis of the left eye only not the body .What kind of test do you recommed i do what kind of doctor do you recommend for the chronic body odor . this has runied and will continue to ruin my life it makes me exteremely depressed . at first i used to be angry with people who said something because people always acted like i have body odor because i did not wash if they only knew . any advice would be appreciated
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat May 07, 2005 4:30 am

User avatar Hi samantha,
The physician that you may want to inquire about an evaluation to rule out any underlying medical disorder in an Endocrinologist. This specialist should be able to determine if the body odor is an occurrence of a endocrine or metabolic nature.
 tree - Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:08 pm

hi samantha,
i have been struggling with the same problem for over 10 years and still have not found proper help. i did everything you mentioned as well and am so clean, however my problem persists as well. i went to doctor once and he laughed at me and it embarassed me so much that to this day, i cannot go to another. i too have been so depressed and i feel like i cannot go anywhere. even when im at work (around many people) i am embarassed because i cannot control the odor internally. i was wondering if you or anyone found any help and can give me advice. i have been searching everywhere.
thanks
 footscreen - Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:01 pm

I have had a few friends with the same problem. They tried clorophyl tablets (from Walgreens) and were very happy with the results.
 midge - Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:37 am

A few things i can think of....reduce your carbohydrates(all sugar) and salt intake. Go off of any birth control pills(high levels of estrogen can make things a bit pongy) and most importantly fix the bacteria in your gut - because you are quite right bad breathe is certainly symptomatic of reduced good gut bacteria, and so is body odour.

you can get some capsules and take one a day - and Even if they don't work for you(and i would be very suprised if you didnt notice a diference in 48 hours)- they wont give off any other side effects.

you can get these from your chemist or an good vitamin store - they are called IBS SUPPORT in Australia - but would be different elsewhere no doubt - but... they are merely a live culture of Lactobacillis plantarum organisms( 15 billion in each capsule)

Used primarily for irritable bowell syndrome - which i know you are not complaining of - but they also look after body odour and bad breath. i spent hours on the net finding out about it - and in the end my local chemist put me on to these capsules.
They are a live culture so - make sure they are being sold out of a refrigerator.

The capsules are free form corn, wheat gluten, milk. eggs starch yeast and salt.

On the first morning i woke up after taking 1 capsule the night before - the bad taste in my mouth was gone - even though i used mouthwash and brushed my teeth the night before.

Use of drugs such as antibiotics and prednisolorone can affect good gut bacteria. I no it sounds too simple - but it worked for me.

|