Question: ITCHY BUMPS ON BACK OF SCALP

ibanezjem - Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:25 am

Hello''
I seem to have very itchy bumps on the back of my head behind my ears, they come and go but its like they are several bug bite type lumps and they itch like crazy. After i get itching them for awile they get raw. The last time i had them was about 10 months ago now there back on each side of my head, an inch or so behind my ears. Im stressed out alot and i thought it could be stress. Thank you for any information anyone might have.
ibanezjem
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:56 am

User avatar ibanezjem,
It looks like some form of skin infection. Stress may aggrevate it. If it is an infection then a local antibiotic will help but it will probably go away with time.
 kristyfid - Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:19 am

FINALLY! I FOUND SOMEONE WITH THE SAME SYMPTOMS IVE BEEN EXPERIENCING. ive been searching the web for hours, i thought maybe...it could be bed bugs but i havent seen any bugs and ive read up on it and apparently they should be pretty noticeable. somebody please help me figure out what it is i have and how to get rid of it.
here are the facts
I have itchy bumps that feel like bug bites only on my scalp mostly in the middle of the back of head and behind my ears all within the hair line and sometimes on the nape of my neck. there are usually clusters of a 3 to 5 but not always, they are spiratically placed and sometimes a single bump. there is a course ive noticed i itch and itch the bumps get bigger and scabbed over. i cant see them all that well but sometimes there is fluid when the scab is pulled off. i know its not lice ive had that before when i was elementary school. there are no eggs or the constant feeling of bugs crawling around in my head. although sometimes not often i do feel like there is something crawling around on me. i do have two small dogs. thought that would just be fleas or something, i don't think thats what is causing this because it is isolated to my scalp there are no other bites on my body. PLEASE HELP!
I first noticed this problem about 3 yrs ago then it went away for a while and its recently been worse. when i first noticed it i bought new mattresses. then my husband passed and our mattresses went into storage during that time i remember the symptoms subsiding 6 months later i get my mattresses out of storage and move into the room i am now ive been here for about 1yr and 3 months. the bumps have been back for about 8 of those months....could it be bed bugs? i have fogged my room with a bug killer wouldnt that kill bed bugs too? IM SO DESPERATE FOR ADVICE AND WOULD HATE TO GO IN AND SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT THIS. PLEASE HELP!
PS. AROUND THE SAME TIME THE ITCHY BUMPS APPEARED ON MY SCALP IVE HAD TROUBLE WITH UNDER ARM ODOR, IVE BEEN USING RUBBING ALCOHOL WHICH DOES HELP BUT I HAVE TO DO IT 3 TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY...COULD THIS BE RELATED? I ALSO READ SOMEWHERE THAT BED BUGS LEAVE AN ODOR WITH THEIR MUCIS...COULD THAT BE THE CAUSE OF THE UNDERARM ISSUE? DO U HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO ELIMINATE THAT...COULD IT BE AN INFECTION?
THANKS SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
 FairyWings01 - Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:14 am

[color=darkblue][/color] I've had almost the same problem, but these white bumps havent scabbed over yet,I've only had them for about 2 1/2 weeks.I'm only 13.They are just white, extremely itchy, sometimes form a cluster of 1-4 bumps. They are unbearably itchy! I've looked for an explanation of what they are, afraid that I have lice, but I don't think lice leave large bumps. Is this an allergic reaction to something? I switched shampoos twice. Please Help!!!!!!! :!:
 is300ny2 - Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:03 pm

in response to your itchy bumps i think you have eczcema you need to see a dr. but they are on able to cure you. they can however give you some strong steriods to help with the itching.
 is300ny2 - Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:09 pm

is300ny2 wrote:in response to your itchy bumps i think you have eczcema you need to see a dr. but they are on able to cure you. they can however give you some strong steriods to help with the itching.
PS i have this condition and it is not lice i thought it was at one time but it is not!! So i hope this helps.
 michele225 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:09 pm

i have the same issue. better when i use "mane and taill" shampoo....anything else and WHAM its back....takes a week or so to subside. driving me crazy right now....i bought "moisture rich" mane and tail and it broke me out....still think its an allergy but i am trying to figure out what it is that i am allergic to????
 adorable102 - Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:30 pm

I have like bump in the back of my head. Somtimes the bumps can form a circle they have a blackish tint and stick out so that you can feel them. Also sometimes i have circle with anothoer circle inside them and the rim around the circle is blackish. Do you have a clue as to what it may be?
 itchybumbs101 - Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:25 pm

My scalp has been incredibly itchy for the past week. Thinking it was lice, I used Nix to try and get rid of it. I didn't find anything that resembled an egg or a bug. My itching is in the areas where lice would be found, behind the ears, my neckline etc...I noticed that I have little sores on my head, that also made me think that I had lice...could I still have lice after using the stuff or is this something else...the sores itch like crazy and they bleed but like i said not bugs or eggs. It is driving me crazy....does anyone have an explanation, or is going through the same thing? Help,,,,
 redeagle - Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:31 pm

I have done much research - Doc says it is excema and happens to dark haired woman from 30- 40 yrs of age. I thought no its not possible and I still belive it is satopic mange - that my dog might have? or parasites. Did the Dr. Natura dietary supplements tea and pills and this colon cleanse - yes did help rid of parasites but not this!!!! So this is why I think soemthing from my dog. She has these bumps on her and I have searched this mange thing and it says poeple are hosts and then I read that we can get ring worm or heart worms from our pets -??? So if anyone has any answers for this - this would be awesome - for I find cleansing and eating right elimating white sugar and white bread - that the eruptions are not so dramatic and not so itchi- I try and see how many times per month and if it is around the full moon for this is when worms multiply- yes I am going crazy...........I have had for 2 years Also yes the underarm odor - this came first and then the bumps and I noticed this from my another family member and wearing the same clothes - you make me think it is some kind of mite or bed bug or fungus. I dabble with essential oils and nothing has worked for htis and I highly reocmmmend not to use lindane products they are dangerous and steriods please......there has to be a real healthy answer for where there is a disease there is an herb to cure it.

|