Question: White head pimple outbreak on my arms

lowlevsysadmin - Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:03 pm

Over the last 3 weeks, I keep getting these whitehead pimples on my forearms. Its driving me nuts! I'll wake up, see a red spot on my arm and by the next day, it has a whitehead. They sometimes sting to the touch, feel dense and deep in the skin. I usually get two or three at a time on both arms. I first thought it was the sunblock I was using so I cut that out. Then I notuced my wife bought a differnet brand of bodywash so I switched back and nothing is stopping them. I had a about a 3 day period where I thought they were gone, but they retunred. Any advice would be appreciated.
 nursie3205 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:46 am

What do these pimples look like? Is the surrounding skin very red and sore. After one is popped, squeezed, or drained, is the remaining bump kind of puckered around it? Is there a tiny pinlike hole or puncture mark left remaining? I am kind of doing some research on this myself. Keep me posted.
Sincerely
nursie3205
 lowlevsysadmin - Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:40 pm

They start off as a red spot on my skin, then they gradually swell into a bump and a whitehead usually follows shortly thereafter. The skin appears to peel back around the bump as there is a white ring around the bump and sometimes there is a white dot where the whitehead used to be. Hope that helps :)
 nursie3205 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:56 pm

I think you probably have the same thing that I have. It is a condition called chronic furunculosis, and it is caused by a microorganism called staphylococcus aureus. It is driving me crazy too. I have seen four different doctors regarding this issue and have been on two different antibiotics. I thought that they had disappeared, but seem to be coming back again. Do they get very large ? And mine itch like crazy, but I wont scratch them for fear they will spread worse. I do know that when contracted, the bacteria stays in your system for life. I know there are ways of treating it , just havent found any yet. I sympathize with you, and I am still trying desperatley to find help on here because the doctors I have been to didnt help me at all really. Please let me know if you find any treatments, and I will do the same. In the meantime, you had better see a doctor to start antibiotic treatment.
Sincerely
nursie3205
 lowlevsysadmin - Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:10 pm

Sorry I took so long to reply. They get to a alittle smaller than dime sized and mine do not itch, but they sometimes sting when rubbed.

|