Question: bumps like bug bites on genital area and body itching

meinneedofhelp - Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:14 pm

I recently started itching all over my body.. I figured that this was a change in my laundry detergent or something. However, I started getting these red bumps (small), that looked like poison oak or poison ivy, between my fingers. They haven't spread anywhere else, just in small places on my knuckles or inbetween the fingers. A couple of days ago, I woke up and was itching on the shaft of my penis. I spoke to my boyfriend who said that he also has started itching all over. I noticed also on the shaft that 2 bumps had come up that look like bug bites. In talking to him, I discovered that he also had one of these "bites" on his testicles. I'm concerned if this is an irritation or if it is more along the lines of an STD. Neither of us has had this problem before and it's weird that we both have the same symptoms at the same time. Could the bumps between and on my fingers be related? He has had the same bumps between his fingers but told me that it's a skin allergy and that he has gotten them since he was a child. I plan to go to the doctor but I will not have insurance for another month and a half. What could be the problem? Thanks for any help you can give.
 Amy T, RN - Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 pm

The rash in the webs of the hands sounds like scabies. It is highly contagios. I suggest you see an MD as soon as possible for treatment.
sincerely, wvnurse
 meinneedofhelp - Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:40 am

I actually thought of that too. However, I was under the impression that that doesn't stay in the same spots, that it spreads. The rash actually is not in the web of my fingers but just on or near the knuckles. It will go away and kinda pop like little blisters and then comes back in the exact same spot after a couple of days. I also have a roommate who has no sign of anythiing like this. I have been around my new 6 week old neice and she has no signs of any rash or anything. I would go to the doctor and try to get some medical opinion, but I do not have insurance and won't have for another month. (I just started a new job.) Any other suggestions on what this might be? And what about the 'bug bites' on my penis? I have gone to the free health clinic and they have said that I have nothing as far as an STD, and I'm very cautious when having sex. Thank you for any help you can give!
 fungusamungus - Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello
I've had the same white bumps all over my legs and in the groin area my derm says its folliculitus. when your hair follicule is inflamed.it helped me know it wasn't scabies or any bugs for that matter.you could have this folliculitis.
 fungusamungus - Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:27 pm

Hello
 meinneedofhelp - Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:50 pm

Thanks for your recommendations - if anyone else knows anything else about this, your opinions are welcome! Thanks so much!

|