Question: Skin Problems After Shower

gman72 - Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:46 pm

Hello, I have two problems that may be realted. Whenever I shower, just after I get out and dry off, I break out with little with bumps that are surrounded by a red patch. I'd say that there are about twenty to thirty of these bumps all over. The strange thing is, however, that they only appear on the trunk and of my body and my neck. I have never had any breakouts on my legs, feet or past my elbows. They tend to go away after about twenty minutes after a shower. They are very itchy, uncomfortable and embarrasing. I also have bad breakouts similar to these when I go swimming or sweat. When ever I work out, just as I am getting warm and beginning to sweat I get a funny itchy feeling all over, then I break out. It usually takes about 20 minutes for this to disapear. This break out look more like just a rash without bump, and again this is very embarrasing and itchy. I am currenty using a little combination of cortizone 10 itch cream and extra strength gold bond medicated lotion. This seems to work ok, with the showers, and the red patches are fewer after sweating, but i still itch tremendously. Are there any treatments that would permently fix this or at least extend the time between treatments?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:59 am

User avatar Dear gman72,

How long has this been going on?

i am not a dermatologist but the first thing that comes to my mind is something called physical urticaria in which the skin starts to break out when exposed to certain physical environmental factors such sudden change of temperature or sweating.

i think you have to see a dermatologist for an advice regarding how to deal with it.

gman72 - Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info
It has been going on for quite sometime now. Probably 2 years. I will definetly go to the doctor soon.
Thanks Alot
 trixter83 - Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:14 am

i'm 21 yrs old, and i have also had the same problem occur, its been going on for about 1 yr as well now too.

Ie after a shower, i'll get the same sypmtoms, some small bumps about 3 mm in diameter surrounded by small red patches, about 1.5 cm in diameter. they itch somewhat and mainly occur on the front part of the chest and also the upper arms..

also occurs when i go swimming at the beach too

thanks in adv for any info :)
 Lapdog619 - Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:42 am

I have had this same problem for the last few months. I am 13 and i have had these "rashes" on my chest only after showers, they do itch but they aren't lumps. Itdoesn't happen every shower, I just had one then and they didn't show, so it couldnt be that serious, but still, it does happen. So is there any reason for them? As i said im 13 so i couldn't really just take myself to a dermotologist so is there anyway to stop it with a simpler method? thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 pm

User avatar Hello,I agree with you that the condition is simple and may be related to nothing more than related to too hot or cold water or excessive rubbing or irritation.Try to go for liquid soaps and pat dry the skin.
The conditions relating to itchy rash are quite a few like cholinergic urticaria,cold urticarias,aquagenic urticarias,and polycythemias.
You need not worry about these but if the condition persists do show your doctor

|