Question: Pimple's between my legs

babs224 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:06 pm

I break out in large pimple's near my underwear. They are very large large white heads[/list]
 nursie3205 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:19 am

Are they very sore and painful to touch? Is the surrounding skin red and raised? Does the skin around the white head look puckered with a tiny hole in the center? I am a nurse with a similiar problem, and doing some research on this myself. I will let you know what i find out.
nursie3205
 babs224 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:15 pm

They can be very sore and painful to the touch... The skin is raised and red.. When I get them they are sore and have many canels in them many pimples in one large pimple.. When I pop them it's white heads with blood and everything that as built up in one large pimple. Their is a name for them.. But I'm looking to get them under control without Meds... So if you find something let me Know
 gt1924 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:12 pm

I get them too. As far as I've been told they are boils not pimples. Basically the same thing but bigger. The only thing you can really do is put hot wash cloths on them 3 or 4 times a day to releave pain and bring white head to the surface. popping them usually gets them more infected. In a few days they go away.
 babs224 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks but sometimes I don't have time for the hot wash cloths, :( I have taken meds and tried all cotton and no color's it work's for a while but then it start's all over again and again with scars and they just pop :( I hate it....

gt1924 wrote:I get them too. As far as I've been told they are boils not pimples. Basically the same thing but bigger. The only thing you can really do is put hot wash cloths on them 3 or 4 times a day to releave pain and bring white head to the surface. popping them usually gets them more infected. In a few days they go away.

gt1924 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:45 pm

I know what you mean, I don't have time either and it takes forever to get rid of them. I guess it is a never ending battle :cry:
 nursie3205 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:25 am

What you both are experiencing are boils. Carbuncles, furunculosis etc. All are due to a bacteria known as staphylococcus aureus. It is treatable with antibiotics. However, you may keep this bacteria for life. It can lie dormant for a while, and then flare up sporadically. It is better not to pop the boils, but if they get too inflamed, it may be necessary for a medical doctor to perform what is called I and D. Incision and drainage. This can help by relieving the pain and getting the infection out. I suffer from furunculosis, and I know how frustrating it can be. Whatever you do, don't scratch. This can cause it to spread. I am desperatley searching for better treatments and I will keep you posted.
 babs224 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:08 am

I'm happy that you guys are responding... I'm getting alot of information... If you know of anything let me know and thanks... :)
 amicyco2 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:25 am

I've had large pimples on my thighs that drive me nuts and a doc told me they are called Hidroadenitis. Its a very painful condition and sometimes they get so big and infected it causes my entire inner thigh to get red, sore and swollen :cry: . At that point I have to go to the hospital and get it lanced and drained sometimes up to 2cc of pus/blood mix is drained out of them and then get IV antibiotics. I use Metrogel topically to dry out the small ones (quarter size) and it helps alot, but no one knows why I get them or how to cure them and that makes me very sad :cry: . I have scars on my inner thighs so bad from them that I'm embarrassed to sunbathe or go to the gynecologist :oops: . My thighs rub together making it worse and when they break open all that gunk comes out onto my clothes and then it bleeds pretty bad staining everything :x . Try to use bandaids to cover them up, but the inner thigh area isn't the easiest to bandage and they just fall off.
 HD7 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:50 am

I've been trying to find out what this is forever and it's really had me worried. I have the same exact thing. huge pimple like whiteheads that are very sore and pop up from no where sometimes 2 at a time. Just my legs and a couple on my arm one just under my belly button.

Why is this happening all of the sudden? these things are leaving scars. Does it ever stop? Just when I think it's done another pops up. Some get pretty big.

I was scared that something had lied dormant from my more "looser" years and came back to haunt me.

Will this ever stop?

|