Question: severe pain in back of head during sex

smec123 - Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not. About a week and a half ago, my husband (29) was masturbating in the shower when he got a sudden, very intense pain in the back of the head/neck. He had a headache for the rest of the day after that and has gotten a headache like that every time he has so much as gotten an erection since. He does not take any medication. He does have a family history of stroke.
 jettysurfer - Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:53 am

Hi, Im 41 and I get the same problem every time I masturbate It also happens when I have sex, but not every time. I get intense throbbing pain in the back of my head that gets more painful as Im just about to cum. The pain last for an hour or so, but the dull headache lasts for most of the day. Its been like this for about a week now. Also happens when I do weights (which I have stopped now).

Nov 2004 - I had the same problem. The problem lasted for 9 weeks and then went away.

I went to a specialist last week. He has told me to stop drinking alcohol and caffine and go back to him in two weeks. He thought that stress might also be a trigger.

No particular family history. Had a vasectomy Jan 04.

Specialist said to take panadine/panadol for the severe headaches. Did not recommend migrane medication.
 ButcherChop - Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 am

Ive had the same issue about 5 years ago and again this week. Its extremely painful and frustrating. I was masterbaiting in the shower and was so excited, due to a vivid imagination, and got the severe pain in the back of my head on left side. I stopped immediately for fear of busting a vein or fainting. Yes, the pain is that bad.
So today i again got the pain. This time i didnt masterbate, just thought of a fantasy to arouse myself without any physical exertion.... and there came the pain. I don't know how long it will last. I can not masterbate or get sexually stimulated for a while I guess, and hope this goes away quick.

Anyone know of any harm or damage i can cause myself or familiar with whats going on? Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:02 am

User avatar Hi,Orgasmic cephalagia or thunderclap as it is known are not serious and you would get over in sometime.Orgasmic migrane is also known.Analgesics help so do relaxation tecniques.

|