Question: Irritation after ejaculation

goodelf - Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:24 pm

Dear Doctor,

First let me preface this by saying that this is something that has happened to me since before i became sexually active with a partner. It seems that lately it has been happening more often. I have not had intercourse in approx. 6 months. Often when I ejaculate, I have to urinate immediatley afterwards. However, occasionally even after I urinate I will have a slight burning sensation in my penis. It seems to feel worst if I tighten my PC muscle. It seems to feel slightly better if I try and urinate, but the irritation is still there. I could almost describe it as a vaguely orgasmic feeling, however irritating, not pleasant. There is a slight clear discharge that is clear and a slightly sticky consistancy. This typically lasts for about an hour. Do I need to go see my doctor immediately, or is this something that I will have to live with happening occasionaly. Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:32 am

User avatar It's not at all unusual to have a burning sensation with urination immediately or shortly after ejaculation - especially if you ejaculated more than once. It usually just means that the urethra is irritated by the force of those ejaculations. It also leads to the desire to urinate.

If you have any burning with urination when you haven't recently masturbated, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. He or she can check for prostate or other urinary tract infection or for non-specific urethritis.
 Singchap - Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:16 am

I was experiencing the same problem. Immediately After I would masturbate I would have an intense feeling to urinate whether I actually had to urinate or not and an uncomfortable sort of pain would arise. Would last for about 15-45 minutes afterwards. But only after I masturbated. I usually masturbate one or two times a day. So If I chill out on masturbating for a few days will the irritation of the Urethra go away? Or could it be something more serious? I was recently tested for STDs but did not test positive for any and have not had any additional sexual partners. Thanks Would Appreciate a response.
 agum - Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:19 pm

It was almost embarassing but I saw my doctor about this. He tested my urine and he told me I had some bacteria in the urine.IHe gave me some medication to get rid of the bacteria. But eventually I had the problem again after that. It really hurts.One way to expedite the recovery is drink water and more water and more water and more water and urinate and then urinate agian.One thing is clear from the relief you get after urinating and that is SOMETHING NEEDS TO GET OUT. Masturbating feels better than the burning. Masturbating a few more times right away would probably do it too. If masturbating makes you too relaxed, as it does me, then in the future make sure your not misinterpreting hungry for horny or urine ready to get out instead of excitinment..

|