Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Chances of pregnancy from rubbing/grinding nude?

hardworkinggirl - Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm

I am a 20 year old female, and a virgin for personal choices/reasons. My boyfriend and I spent the night together last night (April 26th) and we slept naked together. We did a lot of rubbing/grinding where genitals were touching. There was never any intercourse, no penetration. And when he ejaculated it was nowhere near my vagina. I know about precum, but I'm concerned about what the chances are of me maybe being pregnant? Also, should I take a pregnancy test? If so, when? Should I go and get Plan B? I am on the birth control pill for the control of my periods.

I've heard different things from how long sperm can last to how good of swimmers they can be. With the time spent today of me being worried/paranoid of somehow being pregnant, I'll most definitely think twice before doing those things again. I do understand the risk of exchanges of diseases, STDs, etc because of what I was doing.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you SO much!

-HardWorkingGirl
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Congratulations on your desire to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and unplanned pregnancy. You are making healthy choices, though sleeping naked with your boyfriend will make it more difficult to keep your resolve because you are coming so close. Self-control in this area is very difficult for young people and you may not realize how it can happen until it is too late. Emotions and physical desire take over and sometimes you just can't stop it once it reaches a certain point. Abstinence definitely has many advantages but you are playing with fire if this is important to you.

Sperm must be placed inside the vagina in order to "swim" and penetrate far enough for conception. It would be practically impossible without penetration by the penis or artificial insemination for this to occur so if what you have described here is what happened, you can be confident you are not pregnant.

Furthermore, the reason you are on oral contraceptives may not be for that purpose specifically but the effectiveness is the same anyway and you would be well protected. Plan B is totally unnecessary and the powerful hormones have side effects so this should not be used without a good indication for it.

shalu - Sun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

thank you doc for your enlightenment
i would like to enquire that if the vagina is bathed in ejaculated seminal fliud,but no penetration how so ever,can a woman get pregnant?
 3 Layers - Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 am

Hello
me and my boyfriend too have made a choice to not lose our virginities...but i'm a little worried because the other day(may 4th) we did a lot of making out. We were in our clothes but there was a lot of heavy duty making out. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant due to this. His ejaculate didn't hit me at all, but i'm worried about pre-ejaculate. I was on the top, so does that make it harder for his sperm? Plus being in clothes was kind of comforting...but i'm very worried. very.
can't wait to hear from you.

WhatWasIThinking Girl
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 am

You cannot get pregnant through clothing, but you are definitely playing with fire here to get so close without actually having intercourse since one thing tends to lead to another. It becomes easy to be swept up in a moment of passion or lose your resolve, thinking you've come this far anyway. Spend your time in productive activities that help you to know each other as people, doing what you both enjoy because these are the things that truly make or break relationships in the long run. Your decision tells me this is what your are interested in; not casual (and dangerous) sex. As far as pregnancy and disease go, you are safer this way for sure.

On the other question for Shalu, pregnancy would not occur from contact with seminal fluid in a bathtub. If this were possible, we would be seeing lots of warnings about this. All you'll find are legends and myths or stories on the internet; not substantiated.

Best wishes to you both.
 confusedhope - Sun May 10, 2009 10:35 am

Me and my fiance are very much in love. we are both virgins for religious reasons and we both want to wait till we get married to have sex. we were just laying there holding each other the other night and we were touching each other. she wanted to see what it would feel like to have my penis around her vagina. then i wanted to know how it felt if i just placed it in there. is that still sex? is there chance of pregnancy even if i did not ejaculate prior to or even a few days before hand? i was sure there was no pre-ejaculate before trying anything. i was inside her for a few minutes, but i was just there, no thrusting or ejaculation inside. what are the chances she could be pregnant? is there a way to prevent if she is? and she hasnt taken anything yet and this was 2 nights ago.

|