Question: penis length

donnie - Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:43 pm

Hi, I was just wondering at what age the penis stops growing. I'm 18 nearly 19 and like every bloke am unsatisfied with the length of my penis. I have read through countless web sites regarding penis enlargement and am still too sceptical on that aspect to part with money for "miracle cures". According to sites i've seen and peoples general assumtions the average penis size is close to 5.5/6 inches where as I currently have a 4 inch penis. Is this normal for my age and at what age will it stop growing?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:39 am

User avatar Sexual satisfaction is due to a number of things and size Is only one aspect. Big is not the same as, or equal to, satisfaction. The vaginal muscles move and tighten to accept an erect penis from about 3" and longer

Penis size is determined by genetics. The size of the penis changes during puberty. Penis growth starts between the ages of about 10 to 14 years of age, although some boys are younger, some older. The testicles begin to enlarge first and hair grows in the pubic region. The penis grows in length first and girth slightly later. Teenagers have to wait one or two years after they have stopped growing in height before they will be able to know their final penis size.

When the penis is in a non-erect condition, the male organ usually measures between 8.5cm (just over 3") and 10.5cm (just over 4") from tip to base. The average figure is about 9.5cm (or 3 ¾" ), but this kind of precise measurement is really rather valueless because so many factors (for instance, cold weather or going swimming) can temporarily cause a shrinkage of an inch or more. So you needn't be worried if you happen to fall short of the average figure.
The distinguished American researchers Masters and Johnson measured the penile lengths of over 300 men. The largest organ (measuring 14 cm, or 5 ½" in the flaccid state) belonged to a slim man who was only 5' 7" tall; the smallest (measuring 6cm, or 2 ¼" ) belonged to a fairly heavily built man of 5' 11".
majority of men measure between 15cm (6") and 18cm (7") in the erect position, with the average figure being about 16.5cm (6 ½").

Over the past few years the market for penis enlargement has developed into a multi-million dollar industry. Most aren't aproved medicines, relatively little is actually reported about the effectiveness of such programs or whether any health implications occur as a result of consuming the products on the market. Embarrassment is probably a significant issue here and men aren't reporting the fraud. In a recent poll = 91% out of 1785 men said it was a waste taking the pills & 84% out of 1237 men said it was a waste trying combined methods
 donnie - Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:18 am

cheers for that so basically don't use any of the pills as they are just a wast of time. had alreasy figured that. and the facts about the male penis you mentioned when flacid most are around the 4 inch mark anyway. thats all well and good but mines around 4"when erect. thanks for the reply tho
 Acrobat - Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:29 am

Are you measuring it from the top and the full length?

I measured mine because i too worried about its size and i was just over 6 inches when erect and i measured on the top of it. From underneath it would have measured longer.
 donnie - Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:23 am

I don't quite understand, top and bottom? if you mean what I think you mean then i measured the bottom yes which makes it even more worrying
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:33 am

User avatar Have you made an appointment with a specialist yet to talk about this? If not, a Urologist may be the place to start. You can get a lot of questions answered after an good evaluation is done.
 donnie - Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:06 pm

until recently I had no idea that this wasn't normal. then just figured I was a late develpoer or something. to be quite honest actually talking to someone face to face about this would be more than embarasing it would be impossible. I was just wondering out of curiosity really if this was normal..and at what age I might stop growing
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:24 am

I'm sorry for your embarrassing situation. I have a few questions, are you shorter in height than usual or do you have dwarfism in your family? How do the other men in your family measure up (literally)? The length of the penis is hereditary so you have somebody to thank, which brings up a good point, you got here so that means theirs worked! Yours will work to! Have you ever taken steroids for muscle building? Have you taken any medications that could have caused a delay in growth of your organs? If you give me ideas and answers to my question, I will help you find possibilities to look at and research for you.
 Acrobat - Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:05 am

im no doctor but from what i can tell, it grows for the rest of your life. It gets bigger during your teens and puberty etc.. and then sorta steadies out. Its probably at its normal size by the time you are in your early 20's but i bet its bigger when you are like 60.

Personally i was a VERY late bloomer so my voice didnt break and i didnt stop growing (in height) until i was around 21. And my peinis seemed to grow until around then too.
 donnie - Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:29 pm

wow a few replies. well. no dwarfism my dad is rediculously tall and my mums quite short..my bro is 2 years younger than me has size 15 feet and is over 6 foot...guess who's genes he got...me on the other hand always felt shorter than the other lads in my age group havent taken any steroids or medications which stunt growth to my knowledge. but do smoke, drink and have smoked cannabis. I'm quite aware it works. just had a convo with sum mates and jokingly mentioned mine was round about the 5 inch region before nearly all of my mates who were awake started laughing and said theirs was about that size when flacid. I do feel on a proportion to my size and what time in comparison I seem to grow is usually slightly later than my friends. also in a post on a different thread someone mentioned a "mushroom" shaped head. does that happen to everyone? cuz mine has quite alot of foreskin at the end and i'd always assumed that was the effect of circumsicion
 cinders - Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:45 am

Obviously length is quite important, but I thought that girth was the most important thing....
:?:
 donnie - Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:18 am

god knows girth aint a problem with me and seem to be able to last for hours I aint quite sure what matters I was just curious
 cinders - Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:10 am

I wouldn't worry about it mate, seriously, it's a common thing with men, hell even if you had a 12" dong you'd probably want bigger!... Stay cool matey.
 donnie - Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:35 am

lol hate to admit it but your right. like the signature thing, anyways I think we've discussed the length of each others dicks for quite long enough. thanks for anyone who said anything
 Cman34677 - Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:01 am

you can have surgery under local anesthetics that will increase the flacid length by an inch immediately and with the doctor's supervision of a lengthening program you can increase teh length by another .5 inch ontop of that....

my bud had it done...they just cut the tendons that hold your penis back so that it will more easily hang outside of the body instead of holding most ofyour penis inside

Cman
 Bags13 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:04 am

Well mine is 7" when erect, I am 15 and am wondering if it will grow more.
 stallion - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:43 pm

i am 14 with an 8 inch penis, is this big for my age?
 stallion - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:44 pm

by the way, above is erect size
 lurkerlarry - Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:33 pm

what about Human Growth Hormone (HGH)?Will it increase penis size? In a recent PLAYBOY interveiw with Jose Conseco's ex wife,she states that because he was takeing HGH he is huge (I para phrased,but that's what she said.)
 noworries - Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 am

You know what, i just turned 19. I was born dec 31st 1986, im very good looking, and guess what, my penis just happense to be small, yep i have to admit this sucks. Im quit sure its not gonna get any bigger, its 3 inches flaccid, 5.5 erect, but slim. don't let these stupid forums fool you, cause every time i have ever gone to the urinals the other guys next to me have always been bigger. I can tell you life sucks, im kinda evaluating it right now. I could get so many girls, but i have to turn them down due to my issue. Im very depressed, i would never even think about surgery because thats just stupid. So yeah i can expect a long life without woman. Wow does it suck. Im just now understanding that i better get use to it. Whats even worse is i come from a rich family who can send me to college but yet im not gonna go because theres no point of living my life if i cant get a girl then raise a family. So yeah don't feel bad for me cause it doesnt matter. I understand what most of you small guys are feeling out there, I can relate. You know again i admit im depressed but at least im admitting the hard truth for most of the men like me. I only have one other thing to say to you guys, why us? does god hate us our something? Oh well whatever, thanks for listening needed to get this out of my system. Peace all, good luck with your future. - Joey
 Marauder - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:38 pm

Why do you worry so much its not the size that realy matters 5.5 or what ever you have it's how well you use it, you could have a 5" one and be a hell of a lot better in the bedroom then a man with a 8"+ etc.
STOP WORRYING you can't do much about it just learn to use it and use it well trust me if you use it well no female is going to care about size.
If they do make fun which few will you know shes not one you want to be with.
 Hopetogrow - Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:36 am

Hey i am 16 soon to be 17 in march and and my penis is under five inches? Will it grow any longer? Kinda like tha other guy said who had the 5.5' penis girls are attracted to me and many of them would like for me to take them out and i know i could have sex with most of them with in a couple of weeks if not days or hours and there are other females that don't even want anything from me but sex and when i tell women i have a small penis they find it hard to believe i guess maybe because most guys don't admit to it or something . Some of them i ask why don't they believe me and they say because i don't look like the type of guy who would have a small penis.
This sounds gay but i have seen my dads penis a couple of times when i was younger and it is defenitly not small. I have a 18 year old brother who clams that he has a small penis also which im not sure but hes still a virgin and when he has the chance to have sex i seen him turn them down. He took after my dad and i guess most people say i took after my mom.
 Shawn SP - Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:03 pm

hey do you think my penis size will grow more because right now im standing on 4 something inches when erected and im almost 15, im about 5'8 in height and on 76kgs in weight. Plus i have some fat around the penile area and im looking for excercises that would reduce the fat down there.
 Faisel - Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am

Hey Guys am Faisel
it's wonderful to join to this medical forum and the reason maybe i joined is what i might think many men are sharing with me which is the size of my penis that it's 10cm when erect at the age of 28 so i was wondering whethere it's normal or no, i was also wondering wheather i can go and consult with urologist at my earliest, cuz what i seem to worry about is my girlfriend who i didn't tell her but would like things go sexually well between us.......pls anyone who can advice i will be much grateful

Acrobat wrote:im no doctor but from what i can tell, it grows for the rest of your life. It gets bigger during your teens and puberty etc.. and then sorta steadies out. Its probably at its normal size by the time you are in your early 20's but i bet its bigger when you are like 60.

Rhonda P, CEP wrote:Sexual satisfaction is due to a number of things and size Is only one aspect. Big is not the same as, or equal to, satisfaction. The vaginal muscles move and tighten to accept an erect penis from about 3" and longer

Cripto - Wed May 06, 2009 6:13 pm

I am also 14, but the person a few posts above me said he was 14, and 8 inches. Mine is only 4. Theres something wrong here... I'm too embarrassed to ask my dad about this kind of thing, is there any way at all that i could know the full length without asking my parents? Thanks.
 fonda1 - Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 am

this is for ALL the "males" reading this post. I am a mom of 3 sons and I was just reading how old before a mans penis stops growing and I read all of your posts. From a womans point of view let me clairify......... Yes women tend to want a man with a "BIG" one, but when it is all said & done most of us complain about the pain and discomfort from it. For the guy who is wanting to give it all up over the size of your "SMALL" one, let me tell you one thing, ANY woman on this earth would rather have a man who treats her great because once the sex is over you still have 23 hours & 55 mins of the day left to spend together and size just isn't that important the rest of the time!!!! You should date & spend time with a woman & THEN have sex. Besides for a woman sex is 95% emotional & 5% physical. Not to mention the whole aspect of "fellatio" ;-} So keep all this in mind next time you fell like you are falling short. GOOD LUCK!!!!
 tomalota - Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Why is it that I am only 15 years old, and my penis length is bigger than ALL of the numbers I have seen? Is this irregular and unlucky to have, or is it a good thing? My penis length is 8 inches, and I am turning 16 in 4 months.
 medicalfan - Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 am

ok i have read through all of the posts.
by medical standerds the average penis size non erect is about 3-4inchs and when erect its about 5-6in now for those of you worried about having a big penis size thats ok 8-9in is fine and most of you said that you have "small" penises but that is based on what sociaty has made you think.... for those of you who base you penis size off what you see on the internet, most porn stars have abnormaly big penises so don't be jelous over that. for those of you who are virgins, when you masterbate you penis size is not at its full size, during sexual intercourse is when you penis will be bigger by an inch or 2. To get an acurate measument of you penis meausre it about 3-4 differant times and find the average. This is because you penis can very by how aroused you are at that moment.
hopefully this does ansewer aome of your questions.
 rff-feb1961 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 am

I'm 48 years old. I noticed that the size of my penis is getting small, as well as my balls. Also, the amount of ejaculation of semen is minimum. Does it have to do with having small balls. Will increase of production of my semen, will also increase my balls. Not having sex more often or masturbation, does it have to do with having small dick? My dick in normal size is smaller than my 11 year old son who has wider in size and longer. And lastly, sometimes I ejaculate faster or the worst part of it, during intercourse, while my wife is really so hot, there would come a time that my penis would suddenly be soft and die naturally....
 Andthenagain - Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:05 am

Im 16 a lil over 6" and extremely tired of waiting for it to grow.. Im alot taller then most in my age group and seem to have grown height wise earlier how ever down there hasn't grown very much i was wondering if it was possible this is all im gonna have or if im just over thinking the subject.
 olivia111 - Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:31 am

My boyfriend is 21 years old and has a 7 in a half inch penis, he thinks its kind of small but he knows it and I know it that its above average and its a nice size. He says that his penis is not done growing yet and it will get even more bigger in the next few years at like 25? I don't think thats true bc hes 6'2 and done with pubirity and pretty sure hes done growing. Do you think it will get bigger and do you think he has a nice size penis? I know its kind of a out there question but were both really curious? And another question....

I say that if a girl has been with alot of partners they will just look at a penis as a penis and if its small, its small and if its big, its big. I think girl judge a guy tremendously on his penis size and if its big or not- if a girl has sex with a guy one night who has an 8 in a half in penis and thinks its amazing..she could have sex a few days later with a guy who has a 7 in a half inch penis and think its not that great because of the guy she was with the few nights before..even though 7 is a good size! right??
 kmart2211 - Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 am

i'm 16 will be 17 in july. im 5'9 145lbs. my penis hard is 5.5 inches. its kinda girthy though. my girl friend is 19 and even tho i don't think its big she insist on telling me it is. i kno i please her and thats all that really matters. but i want to kno if its gonna stop growing when im 18 or is it done now. for guys with smaller then average ones it doesnt really matter as long as u can use it right. ive always ###### older girls and the first girl i had sex with was 20 and i was 15. guys don't let ur little guy get u down caz girls love the dick regardless. if u ###### someonee u love to them its gonna feel 10x better caz they love you. don't be embrassed and the statues of like romans and stuff had small dicks caz back then it was sacred
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 am

User avatar Hello,Though there are many discussions about penis size, it is a myth and once the hormones have released and there is growth it does not grow more as much your nose or pinky finger as far as I know.There are genetic,racial variants but then one should be happy with what nature gives.It is more important to be happy to perform,give and receive the sexual pleasures with proper precautions all the way.Best wishes.
 john_smith - Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Ok i've turned 19 and realised that my penis hasn't grown pretty much at all. I've gone through puperty and have broken my voice, facial hair but yet my penis hasn't grown at all. I think that when erected it has gone slightly bigger but it doesn't look like it's growing anytime soon.

Is this normal?
 smaka - Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Sir im sathiya from chennai,tamil nadu ,india.. as i want to knw that hw many times v (male and female) has to sex for geetting the baby ?.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 am

User avatar Hello,Every month a woman produces ovum during a period called ovulatory period and if the sperm can reach the ovum during intercourse, conception would occur.So it is not how many times but in the right time it could be just once and with in hours.Ok?
 sharp2 - Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:47 am

Hi guys.

i am about to become 19 in august. My penis size is about 5.5 inches, it fluctuates
i masturbate once or twice a day. is this bad? might it affect my penis length.
are the exercises the answer?

Thanks.
Harry
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 pm

User avatar Hello,You have normal size penis and need not worry at all.Masturbation will not decrease the size.It is only a myth.
It is only the associated guilt complex that causes all the problems associated with masturbation.
This is a safe procedure for getting rid of sexual tensions and is a safe sexual practice in the senario of sexually transmitted disease.Howevever if it interferes with marital life,or done in public places or becomes an interference to daily activities that it would need counselling.
 glow123 - Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Hey doctor! my case is a bit strange when I was younger something like 19 my penis size was 5.5 inches now I am 24 and my penis size is 4 inches.
But, now I have gained alot of weight, 115kg (my height is 6'3"), so its make my BMI Category "obese" and my waist to height ratio is 56. I used to masterbate alot 6 times a day and then later without lubrication. And now a days I also smoke alot.
Will reducing my weight and changing my smoking habits, will make my penis back to its original size? or should I concern a urologist.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:13 am

User avatar Hello,Penis would not become smaller but would get tucked in to the pubic area fat.This is more an optical illusion too when the BMI increases and penis would look smaller but not in reality.You are only measuring the visible part of the penis but not that which is hidden.
Sure,if you reduce your weight with diet and exercise it will give you confidence. penile dysmorphophobia or the small penis syndrome relates to excess rumination about penile size.As for you you can quit worrying and start with your weigh reduction programmes right away.
 vivek.B.N - Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 am

i m a 16 years old boy.....my penis size is too small..around 5 to 7 cms.......of course i take masturbation regularly.........is it heathfulll?????and also wh should i do for increase my penis size?????
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:19 am

User avatar Hello Vivek,You would have read in our earlier posts about penile length.You need not worry and masturbation is a harmless and safe practice.The medical literature is sparse in quoting methods for penile enlargement but then replete in the lay press.
About the surgery,Only men with a flaccid length of less than 4 cm., or a stretched or erect length of less than 7.5 cm. should be considered candidates for penile lengthening.The journal of urology vol156 issue3 sep 1996.

|