Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Diarrhea & Anal Sex

scared_need_help - Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Im really embrassed to ask this question and to share my story but i feel that i ahve to before it gets late. I have been having diarrhea for over a week now and it was bad when it hit me but now it not as bad as it was but i can't poop its all diarreha that comes out. Durning the same week i had diarrhea i had anal sex for the first time and the last time with my boyfriend. I know what can happened afterwards and now i am really scared about doing what we did. Is my diarrhea not going away because i had anal sex or is it some other reason. I have done nothing else but have anal sex and im scared to tell others especailly my parents. I have been reading around other post and i have no other symptom such as fever or pain in the abdominal area, i only have this diarrhea problem. I feel embrassed on sharing this with my doctor so i tried this first. Can someone please help me get rid of this diarrhea problem.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 am

This would not be a typical cause of diarrhea so I would see a doctor to determine the actual cause before you become dehydrated. There are many reasons a person may develop diarrhea but it would be impossible to diagnose without being seen, as a stool specimen would most likely be needed. There are bacteria, parasites and physiological conditions that can all contribute to diarrhea symptoms. If you get a fever, that could suggest infection that would need specific treatment. Try to overcome your embarrassment and see your doctor if the diarrhea does not go away in the next day or two. This is nothing your doctor has not encountered before and you do not need to disclose the sexual activity to your parents. It is helpful for the doctor to know this but you should be able to get treatment without the parents being with you for the interview and/or exam. Since it is very likely not associated, if you did not discuss it, the exams to determine cause of diarrhea would be the same anyway so don't worry too much about that. It is very possibly just coincidental but there could be some relaxation of the anal sphincter but this seems very unlikely with a single act of anal sex and in that case I would think you would find general incontinence; not specifically diarrhea (loose, watery stool).

If the diarrhea resolves soon, you can probably chalk it up to a viral infection but if not, please see your doctor.

|