Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Anal sex how dangerous is it? Someone help me - im scared.

rexxy101 - Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:57 pm

Me and my husband recently decided to experiment in our sex life, so we decided to give anal sex a try. We've done it twice and the second time wasn't as painful as the first. But now I am scared to death. I am afraid I've done something really wrong. I've been in alot of pain recently. I went to my doctor and told him that i was in alot of pain and did not know why. (I was too embarrased to tell him what i had done). He thought maybe I was just constipated and gave me some stool softner. Hoping that he was right I just agreed and took the medication. My bowel movements are fine but the pain proceeds. He did think that this problem was around my colon area because when he touched the right side of my abdomin it was excrutiating. He informed me that my colon was in that area. I am really nervous, I don't know how dangerous this could be but it's starting to hurt to even walk. Does anyone know?? Could it be a bad infection or something?? Please someone respond this is so embarrasing I don't want to talk to anyone face to face.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:55 pm

User avatar There are several complications to anal sex:

Pain from hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids can be fragile and prone to bleeding, although they don't usually cause the kind of pain you've described. You can frequently feel a hemorrhoid as a swollen, tender lump in the anal area. You'll often notice blood from a bleeding hemorrhoid on toilet paper after a bowel movement, or on the stool itself.

Pain and bleeding can also occur when there's a small tear in the lining of the anus called an anal fissure. Even small fissures can be pretty painful because they often cause spasms of the opening of the anus. They heal slowly because they're irritated repeatedly during bowel movements. With anal fissures, you may also see blood on toilet paper or on the stool itself.

A rare, but serious, complication after anal sex is a hole (perforation) in the colon. This dangerous problem requires hospitalization, surgery to repair the hole, and antibiotics to prevent infection. A colonic perforation will usually cause fever and severe pain and pressure in the abdomen. This condition requires immediate medical attention, either through your health care provider or your local hospital emergency department.

Sexually transmitted diseases can infect the anus in much the same way as vaginal intercouse.

My advice to you if you do not have fever and the pain is somewhat bearable, is to take an colic pain killer, a stool softner for a couple of days. If you do not improve then you will have to consult someone face to face and you may even need a scope exam. A surgeon would be best at evaluating this condition.
 Mykel - Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:55 pm

If you get into this and you end up liking so
much that you can't stop, By the time you reach 40 years old you will have
to wear adult diapers cause your insides will be all messed up
and you won't have the ability to control your bowel movements, It's
made to come out, But forcing your feces back up in their will
result in complications later in life.
 MrRodgers - Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 am

Mykel, what evidence do you have to support the outcome you described in your response? "Your insides will be all messed up" is not a very precise description. In fact your whole response is entirely without merit. Anal sex is safe in the long term (especially when in a monogamous relationship, using lube, a condom, etc.) evident by studies such as "Anal sphincter structure and function in homosexual males engaging in anal receptive intercourse." by Chun et al. and the fact that people have been engaging in anal sex for centuries without having to wear diapers once they reach their forties. Please stop spreading such misinformation.

|