News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: bumps around anus, not painful

tinabanana - Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:44 pm

About 2 weeks ago i noticed a bump while i was wipping. it was barely noticable and didnt hurt.

now there is 2-3 and again they don't hurt they are just weird.

from the little reading i have been doing i don't think they are hemeroids but i really don't know. they don't hurt and it doesnt bleed. it just seems like something poking thru.

if i could get any help i would really appreciate it. maybe a good description of hemoroids or if they are ever not painful.

please help
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:05 pm

User avatar Dear tinabanana,

According to your description, The possibility of hemorrhoids (external) is less likely.

Chronic constipation and straining as well as prolonged sitting are the main causes of hemorrhoids.
Patients with inflammatory bowel disease .cases of IBS are more prone to have haemorrhoid's.

Pain in the perianal area and external bleeding that is more frequent with strain during defecation are the commonest form of presentation.

-Nodules that increased in number in one week are more likely to be of allergic, or inflammatory origin.
Infections and inflammations are associated with pain, discomfort and tenderness.

-Allergic dermatitis results in small lesions , that are usually itchy.
I
n some cases perianal pseudoverrucous papules and nodules represent a special form of primary irritant dermatitis in which elevated smooth red flat topped lesions are formed. This is commonly occur after severe forms of diarrhea.

Hypertrophied papillae (or anal skin tags, epithelial polyps) is another possibility, clinically they look like external hemorrhoids. They result from, inflammation, edema and fibrosis

Different types of Viral infections give lesions with similar picture.
The diagnosis is made by examination and specific tests.

I advise you to be checked by your doctor. Complete detailed history and physical examination are very important in the diagnosis of this condition.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here