Question: Please Help, Bad Pain, Lower Stomach & Back.

Cathyp - Mon May 30, 2005 3:17 am

Please.. Please advise!

I am a 52 year old Female. I am having lower stomach pain. Also, don't know if its related, cause I have so much pain anyway, my lower back is hurting. I seem to have lots of gas in my stomach, but very little passes. I am not going poop. There just don't seem to be any.

Don't know if this is related either. A few days ago weather was hot. I can't stand heat. After the 1st real hot day, the next day I had to go poop 3 times in like 2-3 hours. Each time, I felt like I was not done and needed to go some more, but that was all for then. Every since then, it seems I have to go poop. At first my stomach did not hurt like this. But then Friday night It started hurting real bad. I kind of feel like I need to go poop, but nothing comes out, except a few times, a dab of gas.

I took some pepto.. Thinking that might help. I took two doses. Did nothing. Then I took two Laxatives. This is when I went poop a little one time. This was on Saturday evening. I am regular to poop every day, some times several times. But not like I did earlier this week and the feeling of having to go like I felt...

When I did go poop, the 3 times, it was about normal. The one time with the laxative, I had 3 chunks and some liquid.

I am in terrible pain. We don't have medical, husband in unemployment. Is there something I can do myself and not have to go to a Dr.? I am in so much pain. I sleep a lot.. but yet the pain is so bad, I am disturbed, but am just exausted. I can't sit up except for only a few minutes. The pain either in my stomach or lower back gets too bad.

I am also hot and sweating.

Thank you

Cathy
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon May 30, 2005 8:13 am

User avatar Cathy, I know you do not want to hear this, but you really must see a doctor immediately!. You may have an obstruction of the colon and that could cause an infection. You said you feel hot and weak. Are you running a fever? You are beyond just constipated and if you do have an obstruction it can potentially fatal. If it is not an obstruction, it is abnormal nonetheless. Do you have a history of colon cancer in the family? Changes in bowel habits are one of the warning signs.

Your life is more important than money. I wish you the best, hon.
 Cathyp - Mon May 30, 2005 10:49 am

I don't think I am running a fever. I get cold then I get hot like when I have the flu. As far as I know, there is not any colon cancer in our family.

I am feeling some what better today. But yet, have not went to the bathroom.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Cathy
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon May 30, 2005 7:48 pm

User avatar Cathyp,

A fever does just that - makes you feel hot and cold alternately. You need to take your temperature and not guess. It is very important. :D
 Cathyp - Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 am

Shannon, Thank you for your replies!

After reading what you had to say. I went to Peaceheath this evening, after a 3+ hour wait, I got to see this very impressive dr. Reason I say impressive.. I have been to some, I think need to learn more before they practic any more.

He said he thought it was a colon infection. He took urine. Did not find anything in it. Gave me two anitbotics. Then took blood. Said if there was anything showed up in the test, I would get a call in an hour or so. So far no calls.

So just maybe this will do it.

One of the major symptoms was the lower back pain. I am concerned about this and did not think to ask him at the time. I have this same lower back pain all the time. I will go for days, with it, then it stops and no pain for a day or so, then back to hurting. Its the exact same pain, that they are telling me is from this colon infection. This pain is so bad, I can't hardly stand up. I can only walk a few feet then have to sit or lean against something then go on, after it stops a little bit. Is it possible to have some sort of colon infection all the time?

Once again, Thank you so much for your advice!

Cathy
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue May 31, 2005 10:12 am

User avatar I am so glad you saw a doctor! There was infection, so it's good you got some antibiotics. The blood test may help the doctor diagnose you. Diverticulitis is one possibility that can be chronic, but there is no way for me to speculate what it is. It was probably chronic becuase you didn't seek treatment until it got infected and made you sick. Some conditions are chronic, but this may be a one time thing. No way to tell yet. I am glad you got a good doctor, it was definitely worth the wait, huh?

You are very welcome - thanks for taking the advice!!

Get well,

Shannon
 toff - Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 am

Hi. My name is Alison I am a 15 year old girl.
I am having really bad pains in my lower stomach for about 10-29 seconds at a time it is very sharp and painfull. Iam also getting them in my lower back.
I have been to the doctors about a year ago and i was told i had a small cyst which they removed...the pain was alays there and never went away. so the doctors did nothing. my urine results showed nothing as did my blood tests...the doctors said there was nothing wrong with me. so why do i feel this pain?

|