Question: Throwing up everytime I eat anything!

peaches - Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:35 am

I was wanting to know if somebody could please tell me what is wrong with me. I have been throwing up since July 3, 2005 evert time I eat ANYTHING. I've had a Upper GI with a small bowel done, CAT scan with contrast, and an Ultrasound of my Gallbladder all done and they all come back fine. My doctor did and Endoscope and said that there was a narrowing in my espogahas. But, she said that wouldn't be cause me to throw up EVERY time that I eat. Then Saturday I was at work and I got a sharp shooting pain in my right side. I go to the ER and there they check my appendis and said that it was fine along with my urine and pancrease. If anybody has any ideal on what is wrong I would be great appericative of any thing that I can get.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:43 pm

User avatar Hi Peaches,

I would be suspicious that you actually have significant reflux. An upper GI is a good study but not the best study for reflux. It represents a snap shot picture of the esophagus and stomach rather than a movie of the area. Ongoing reflux can cause the esophagus to scar down some and narrow. Significant reflux can cause vomiting with eating.

I would recommend you talk with your doctor about having a 24 hour pH probe to get a much better assessment of the possibility of reflux.

|