News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Ultrasound revealved lots of fluid around my uterus?!?!?!

luvumason - Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:19 am

Hi, I am a 21 year old female and I had a cat scan a month ago that revealed I had a small cyst on my ovaries about 2mm. The doctor wanted to do a follow up ultrasound yesterday which then revealed I had lots of fluid around my uterus. He said that he didn't think the cyst had busted and left that much fluid because, it was so small. He is going to do laproscopy but, I was wondering what could cause this????
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:20 pm

User avatar Off hand, there are a few possibilities I can think of. One is that it may actually be that you had a cyst (or multiple cysts) rupture and subsequently leave some fluid behind. Another possibility is the presence of something like endometriosis.

If you had some inflammation of one of your pelvic organs it may have induced some fluid production to help coat and protect the inflamed area.

Most of the causes really are not concerning but your doctor likely wants to do the laparoscopy to be sure everything is ok. If there is some endometriosis it can be treated while they are doing the laparoscopy.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here