Question: i got my period 2 days early

kandi - Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:19 pm

i am really scared because i got my period 2 days early ...it started today this morning but it is light ...the blodd is red ..but i am scared! my boyfrend and i can NOT afford to have a baby, and im scared that maybe i am pregnant. we used protection but the comdom broke and we heard it ...so then hw pulled out quick. i am really scared. do you think i might be pregnant? and also umm do you know how much a abortion would cost? also what places in toronto do abortions? PLEASE HELP! :(
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:32 pm

User avatar Dear Kandi:
It is completely normal for a woman's periods to be early or late, without her being pregnant, even if she previously had her periods right on schedule. There are a number of things that can cause this to happen. Slight hormonal imbalance, stress, etc. Normally the first sign of pregnancy is a LATE period not an early one. :wink: Menstrual fluid varies in color and can be dark pink, bright red, reddish brown, dark red, reddish black. The change in color usually corresponds which day of the period you are on. For instance, the first day of your period could be dark pink to bright red, the middle of the period is usually bright red to reddish brown and the last day of your period usually is more reddish brown to reddish black. Also the amount of fluid varies from spotting to a gushing flow. I would not worry if you are having your period early. However if you ever are over two weeks late then you might want to take a pregnancy test. Also, since condoms are notorious for breaking, or coming off, it is much easier and cheaper to use a spermicidal agent along with the condom to prevent pregnancy than to pay for an abortion.
Regards,
Carolyn

|