News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: i got my period 2 days early

kandi - Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:19 pm

i am really scared because i got my period 2 days early ...it started today this morning but it is light ...the blodd is red ..but i am scared! my boyfrend and i can NOT afford to have a baby, and im scared that maybe i am pregnant. we used protection but the comdom broke and we heard it ...so then hw pulled out quick. i am really scared. do you think i might be pregnant? and also umm do you know how much a abortion would cost? also what places in toronto do abortions? PLEASE HELP! :(
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:32 pm

User avatar Dear Kandi:
It is completely normal for a woman's periods to be early or late, without her being pregnant, even if she previously had her periods right on schedule. There are a number of things that can cause this to happen. Slight hormonal imbalance, stress, etc. Normally the first sign of pregnancy is a LATE period not an early one. :wink: Menstrual fluid varies in color and can be dark pink, bright red, reddish brown, dark red, reddish black. The change in color usually corresponds which day of the period you are on. For instance, the first day of your period could be dark pink to bright red, the middle of the period is usually bright red to reddish brown and the last day of your period usually is more reddish brown to reddish black. Also the amount of fluid varies from spotting to a gushing flow. I would not worry if you are having your period early. However if you ever are over two weeks late then you might want to take a pregnancy test. Also, since condoms are notorious for breaking, or coming off, it is much easier and cheaper to use a spermicidal agent along with the condom to prevent pregnancy than to pay for an abortion.
Regards,
Carolyn

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here