Question: period for about 3 weeks?

brighton34 - Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:00 pm

I have had my period for about 3 weeks and I don't know if i should worry or not. I started this period 2 weeks after my last one. The past few days it has gotten heavier. I have never had problems with my period. I have been on Neurontin for headaches for about a month or so, could this affect my period? Should I give it a little more time or start to worry?
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:24 pm

User avatar Hello:
I can certainly understand why you are worried. That is a long time to have a period. Were your periods pretty regular before this? Is there any possibility you might have gotten pregnant? Other than a possible miscarriage from a pregnancy, there are several reasons for having a lengthy period. You could have benign tumors (called fibroids) that are causing the bleeding, or you could be experiencing a hormonal imbalance which prolongs your period. There are other causes also but what you need is a doctor to examine you to determine what is causing this. It is important not to let the bleeding go unchecked as you can develop anemia from the loss of blood. I urge you to see your physician to have this checked out.
Please let us know how you are doing. We care.
Kind Regards,
Carolyn
 Land23sb@yahoo.com - Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:18 pm

When you see a gyno you should ask about endometreosis, a thining of the uterin lining. Ask you mother, it is usually hereditary. Some times can be controled with birth control.
 Land23sb@yahoo.com - Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:20 pm

anamenityuvlyfe - Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:42 pm

**Since it says to include the information..**

Age: 15
Sex: Female... duh.
Past Surgeries: I got my appendix out.. O.o
No medications..

Yeahh... well this isn't the first time that my period had lasted for for 3 weeks, or longer... it's really annoying... Yeahh... and like.. a year ago, I missed it for a almost 4 months... and then it mysteriously came back... it's just... really confusing me..
And.. also.. like... ever since I FIRST started my period.. there's always like.. this clump of like.. I don't know... dark blood and tissue... it's really like.. scary... and... yeahhh.. I don't know about going to the doctor about it.. it's soo embarising.... does anyone else know what I'm talking about, or can help?.. Am I dying of some type of excessive blood desease? .. Pff..

<3

|