Question: Something is moving in my stomach

aesa - Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi.....first...I had my tubes tied so I don't see how I can be pregnant.

Next....for the past 2 weeks I have been feeling alot of movement in my stomach. You can put your hand on the outside of my stomach and feel it sometimes. I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative.

If I'm not pregnant, what else could be moving like that? I do have a 19 year old daughter, so I know what it feels like when a baby is moving, and it DOES feel like that. But odds are I'm not, and I'm just wondering what else it can be?
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:30 am

Hello Aesa,

How are you doing now? Aside from what you have described, do you feel any abdominal pain or discomfort? Do you have hypertension or diabetes? do these "movements" occur frequently? at rest? or when moving about? when straining or lifting heavy objects? DO you still have your monthly periods or are you already menopaused? If you still have your monthly cycles, when was your last menstrual period?

With these questions in mind, I would like to suggest you see your physician and tell him/her the characteristic of your condition. That way, proper intervention can be done. An ultrasound of your abdomen will also be helpful.

M.D.
 aesa - Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 am

No pain or discomfort. The movements are just "whenever"....especially after I drink orange juice or eat dinner. I feel them the most when I am lying down. I didn't mention that for the last two months I have had nausea and throwing up and last week one of my breasts was leaking something.

I still have periods. 2 months ago my period last one day, and last month it only really lasted one day, with spotting when I urinated for about 3 days.

|