Question: Bulky Uterus

Martha - Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:52 am

Hi
My Gyne sent me a letter with some of the results from a hysteroscopy and examination.

He says that whilst the Uterus is of normal size but is is 'Bulky'.
He says I have likley Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

I am still awaiting biopsy results, but I want to know what is meant by a 'Bulky Uterus'?

I am now waiting for a hysterectomy (with Ovarian removal due to Ovarian cancer in my family)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:46 am

User avatar Hi Martha,
A "bulky uterus" may be suggestive of conditions, for example of, uterine fibroids, thickening, endometriosis etc.
 Martha - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:34 am

Hi Rntdj
Thanks for the reply.
My Gyne did say he could find no fibriods.

I had a laparoscopy in April to see if I had endometiosis because I have unexplained pelvic pain and bleeding between periods as well as heavy and far too frequent periods, but the lap' showed no endo'.

I have heard of a condition called adenomyosis, and I did wonder if my symptoms could be that, although my uterus was supposedly normal size.

Will the biopsy results show whether it is this condition? Or will I have to wait for the pathology report after hysterectomy to see if it is this condition?

I will be asking my Gyne these questions when I next see him, but I am still waiting for the results of the biopsy before he can make my next appointment.
Many thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 am

User avatar Hi Martha,
Adenomyosis is essentially "thickening" of the uterine wall. The pathologist should be able to make determination of this disorder or other causative factor. When your time permits I hope you will consider making an update.
 jnrferrick - Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:24 pm

I don't know how to start a new post so i'll just ask you here. I had a baby 6 weeks ago and I started taking birthcontrol this last week. I am now on my third day of my period and I'm going through a pad every hour. Also after my shower this morning i was drying off and blood was dripping down my legs at a fast enough rate that i was standing in blood by the time i was done drying off. What's wrong with me and do i need to see a dr. right away or can i wait for my 6 week postpartum appt on wed.?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:30 pm

User avatar Hi jnrferrick,
The amount of blood loss to soak a pad an hour requires medical attention. Call your gynecologist. The hospital where you receive treatment should be able to locate him/her if it is past regular office hours in your area. It would be highly unadvisable for you to wait until your appointment on Wed. Congratulations on your new addition to your family :)
 Confused teen - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:26 pm

Hey Rntdj

I have a couple of questions and hopefully you'll help me. My boyfriend masturbates for 6 hours sometimes :shock: and I was just wonderin' if that is normal. The second question is is it bad to have sex for a long period of time or often, for example havin' sex for like 6 hours that day or like 4 times a week? Will it be harmfull for both him and I? Last but not last, does it hurt badly the first time someone have sex?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:21 am

User avatar Hi Confused teen,
That's a significant amout of time, and most likely soreness would result. "The first time" may cause some women discomfort at first but If one is physically and emotionally mature, sexual interaction should be pleasurable and not painful......Don't rush into anything Confused teen.
 Confused teen - Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:31 pm

I have one more lil' question. I have these bumps, they aren't red, kinda like clear but the bumps are a visible if up close.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a179/Conf ... nt=015.jpg

^ those two sides

|