News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: what is dRVVT test for?

starshine - Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,

My doctor has ordered the Lupus anticoagulatnt Panel test. What is the test dRVVT for? What does it means when the dRVVT test is abnormal? Below is my test results:

PTTLA is normal,
PTTLA 4:1 mis is not appl,
PTTLA confirmation is not appl,
dRVVT is 31.5L under abnormal,
dRVVT 1:1 mix is not appl,
dRVVT confirmation is not appl,
LUPUS anticoagulant is not det

I have joints and rt side rib bone pain. 9 out of my 10 knuckles are also a little deformed due to the episodes of pain and inflaimmation.

I experience pain in my right quardant flank. This has been there for quite some time already. The pain is sharp when I twist/turn my body to the right. I am thus careful avoiding this position to prevent bringing on the pain. I am unable to determine the exact location of the pain and this is frustrating. A few times, I was awaken out of my sleep due to the right flank pain for I have sleep on the wrong position.

Recently, I have pain in my left knee and when I sit down, I have difficulities standing up without experiencing pain. If I sit cross leg on the floor, I have difficulities straightening my leg after 5 min or so. There are also pain in my left elbow bone and my right hip bone.

Thank you.
starshine
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

User avatar Hello,There are two pathways for clotting mechanisms.One is known as intrensic and the other extrensic.DRVVT test covers the earlier,while others for the later like PTTLA, and more specific for lupus anticoagulants ie antiphospholipid antibodies.Your intial abnormal test,which occasionally happens was followed up with a confirmatory test which showed normal, indicating that you do not have the lupus antibodies in your system.So your physician will try to explain your symptoms for a different condition.Do keep in touch with your physician for more details.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here