Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Clear discharge after Ejaculation.

lucky7 - Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:15 pm

Hey guys, For about 3 years I've experienced a clear discharge after ejaculation. It feels like it just keeps on leaking after I ejaculate and if i squeeze my legs together it will ooze out its like my prostate isnt expelling all of it or something I don't know whats going on I've seen multiple urologists been on multiple antibiotics over the course of 3 years. Is this just somethign I have to live with?

What happens is I ejaculate.
Some will come out once i go limp
Then after i urinate sometimes some will come out with it or at the end.

This seems to be only directly assocaited with ejaculation.

Also it seems that when i cum or pee without enough pressure it comes out in 2 streams top and bottom of my urethra like 2 droplets one at the top one at the bottom.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:46 am

During your multiple visits to urologists, were you investigated by the procedure known as urethroscopy or cystoscopy?

Urethroscopy is a procedure that is used to evaluate the urethra for abnormalities that could be contributing to your symptoms. In this procedure, the lining of the urethra is checked for the presence of infected glands, diverticula, strictures or growths.

If a bladder problem is suspected, then the procedure known as cystoscopy is used.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 lucky7 - Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Yeah, let me clarify a few things first.

This all began after having Unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a female.

About 3 -4 weeks later i experienced a clear discharge after urinating it burned as it came out. This went on and happend for a few months I had first seen a doctor got a clamydia/gonnorhea swab both negative the doctor said it was "normal" i think he didnt understand me and thought i was confusing precum with some sort of disease. This continued for several months almost a year until i saw another doctor who gave me antibiotics 100mg doxy 2x a day for 14 days

A few days into taking the doxy i developed the clear discharge after ejaculation but the clear discharge after urinating disapeared. I do experience some burning in the morning at urinating etc.

I've gone thru it all cystoscopy 2 years ago, a cystoscopy a month ago, no abnormalities. Saw a urologist in boston and im about to make a second appointment, He did a slide of my prostate secretions and only found 1 wbc per mag field.

I have no clue whats going on I just want it fixed this is so annoying especially since I know where I aquired it Just nobody can identify it.

Also sometimes i will get a sharp pain in where I would think my prostate is located. Like a needle then a "falling" feelling inside it.

2 Urologists said "non-bacterial" prostatitis but neither of these urologists did any sort of test just said my prostate was inflamed and said i had an obsessive with stds when I would bring up the fact that 3 years ago is when this all started.

The urologist I Saw last said the 1 wbc per prostate secretion makes him think i probably don't have prostatitis, Im going to call him tommorow though and make a second appointment I just had finished my 14 days of erythromycin the day before thanksgiving It slightly relaxed my symptoms but i still experienced the discharge also occationally i do get a sticky clear discharge after urinating mixed in with my urine like "gel".

Any more suggestions?

From what I've read Im pretty sure the bacterial infection lasted such a long time that it advanced into my prostate and i possibly need an extended course of antibiotics or something.

Also I'd like to find out what the causative agent of all this is if possible which I know can't be done over the internet but maybe a suggestion to give to the urologist.
 lucky7 - Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:41 pm

UPDATE: saw urologist,got cystoscopy saw that the inside of my urethra (first half) was inflamed. posterior urethitis, trying flagyl for 3x a day for 7 days see if that kills it. if not im going back

I've been treated with

like 21 days doxy
10 days levaquin
10 days cipro
14 days erythromycin
and now 7 days flagyl
ive had other doctors tell me i had prostatitis others tell me i didn't

there were 1 wbc hpf in a small droplet from my penis.

lets hope the flagyl clears this up

any suggestions dr soloman?
 lucky7 - Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:12 pm

No reply yet dr solomon?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 pm

It would appear, from the history of your complaints and the list of drugs prescribed for you, that you were treated for non-specific urethritis (NSU) and an attempt was made to treat you for bacterial prostatitis.

You have not indicated if a urethral smear, after holding urine overnight, was examined for leucocyte count. This would have been helpful in relation to the findings of posterior urethritis obtained by cystoscopy. You have also not indicated if you have abstained from unprotected sexual exposure since your various courses of treatment. If not, you may be acquiring “new” infections.

One of the complications of untreated or unresolved NSU is acute bacterial prostatitis. A few patients with acute bacterial prostatitis experience the complication of chronic bacterial prostatitis (CBP). CBP is an important cause of bacterial persistence in the male lower urinary tract. In fact, the most common cause of relapsing urethritis in men is the persistence of small numbers of bacteria in the prostate gland. The diagnosis based on the number of white cells in expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) or semen is inadequate.

Effective therapy for bacterial prostatitis is achieved with drugs that penetrate prostatic tissue adequately and are effective against most of the common bacterial pathogens. Many drugs penetrate prostatic tissue poorly, but the quinolones and trimethoprim achieve adequate levels and are currently the drugs of choice. Treatment for bacterial prostatitis must be for at least 28 days.

Concerning the recent finding of posterior urethritis and the prescription of Flagyl, I would have preferred a combination therapy of an appropriate antibiotic for NSU with Flagyl, rather than the latter drug alone. After completing the course of Flagyl, I would advise that you undergo the urethral smear test for leucocyte count, with urine held overnight. It will also be a good idea to be evaluated jointly by a genitourinary physician
and urologist. Please keep us updated.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 Ricketman - Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:30 am

I had this problem for several years and ignored it; I experienced discharge after ejaculation and urination. After I had ejaculated I often had a buring sensation while urinating but I thought nothing of it.
After a few years I was referred to hospital with testicular pain suspected torsion. I had an operation and they discovered a sack of fluid round my testicle, but I was sent home the same day without any antibiotics.
I then had lots of clear fluid mixed in with urine and just thought it was after effects of surgery. After about two weeks I got testicular pain again and pain shooting down my legs. I referred myself back into hospital and they discovered that I had postratitis and epydidmus (sorry if spelled wrong) so they put me on Dyoxycilin for four weeks which didn't work then Keflex; then amoxycilin; then the specialist put me on Levofloxacin; then my GP put me on Trimethropim all these were four week courses. After this my pain and discharge stopped now I get slight clear discharge while having an errection and the same after ejaculation which I believe is natural.
To this fellow don't worry about a slight discharge after ejaculation this is normal just see a doctor if you experience pain after ejaculating/urinating or if discharge is discoloured.
 justthetip - Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey there. I know this is an old posting, but I'm having similar symptoms, and across the many websites with a similar posting, this is the most like mine. I also had unprotected oral sex and my initial thought was that. I know it's rare to get STDs that way, but it can happen. The other "different" thing that I did was have penetrative sex in "the back door" with my girlfriend. I wondered if that area could lead to an infection? I've not had much sex lately, though I have been aroused many times. Could I just have a semen back-up? Can I just jerk off a lot and it get better?

I've had the leftover semen come out after I cum and get soft. In addition, sort of a clear sticky gel-like secretion on occasion. That has been happening for a while and I never thought twice about it. Today I experienced the semen like fluid after urinating, which alarmed me, and led me to this and other sites. It resembled "beads" of gel mixed with urine. The gel beads are common in my ejaculate, so that didn't worry me, it just made me think it was cum!

Did you ever get resolution for your issue? Any recommendations for me?

|