News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Chlamydia Questions

Raine - Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:48 pm

Sex: Female
Past Diagnoses: None
Past Surgeries: Wisdom Teeth Removes
Family History: Nothing that should spply
Current Medications: None

I just have a question about chlamydia.
Can it be spread any other ways than by sexual intercourse?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 am

User avatar Chlamydia can be transmitted during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Chlamydia can also be passed from an infected mother to her baby during vaginal childbirth.
 Raine - Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:33 pm

So is this a scenario where chlamydia could be transferred???

We have a friend who has sex with every girl he can get his hands on, he doesn't care who they are, or what they look like. This includes oral sex.

My partner and he are both latin, so always kiss each other on the cheek.

My partner was also drinking after him.

I know that it is a microbial, so is it possible that my partner could have picked it up from his friend by just being in such close proximities, and doing the things listed above?

I have not gone to be tested just yet, I have to still call the clinic, but if I test positive, I just want to know if this is a possible scenario, since i had a talk with my partner last night, and he says that he has had no sexual contact with anyone else.

We have been together for 6 years, so i don't think that he would lie to me about this. He seemed rather hurt when I had to ask him.

Anyways, Thanks!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:03 pm

User avatar You cannot get chlamydia from being in close proximity of someone who has it. Kissing on the cheeck, drinking after someone, beign sneezed on by someone who has it, these are not ways you can get infected. You can only get chlamydia through the exchange of body fluids such as Semen, vaginal secretions.
 Raine - Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 pm

not even if the other guy had just had oral sex, and still had secretions around his mouth?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here