Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Tiny red bumps and small pimples on penis head

sjokoladepappa - Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:26 am

I am a 24 yr old male and had unprotected sex for the first time some weeks ago and about 1 week after that, I noticed many tiny red bumps all over my penis head. These bumps would not Itch or tingle but just remained there. I am uncircumsized and soon there was this redness on my foreskin all over... again no Itching or anthing. After a week or so, most of these bumps disappeared and I thought I was fine. However now, (3-4 weeks later), I have had these really small pimples with white heads, that seem to burst after a day or so and turn into a blister. Again, these are concentrated in 2-3 regions (both sides of penis head, and in the front) in groups of 1-4 pimples. They do not Itch but tingle very occasionally. Also, the tiny red bumps are still scattered all over my penis head. There is nothing noticeable on my penis shaft, foreskin, scrotum or anywhere else.

I have not yet visited any doctor, as my reading up online seems to suggest that this is nothing serious. I have read everything from residual irritation, to soap rash to herpes, but nothing seems to perfectly fit the symptoms. Also, my girlfriend has been tested very often and recently as well she came out clean. Feel free to ask me any more questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:45 pm

This could be:

- A form of dermatitis.
Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams).

Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.

-Herpes simplex is one of the sexually transmitted disease. Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2.

It results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion)
genital irritation, itching, they burst into
The sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.

Special tests include:
Blood tests,
Microscopic examination of tissue scrap from lesions
Viral cell culture test

Other causes to be excluded like:
- Friction and fungus are very likely to be the causes red and , painful Itchy patches.
Obese and active people are more susceptible.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Keep us updated.
 sjokoladepappa - Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:39 am

Thanks Dr.Safaa for your quick answer.

I sure plan getting myself tested very soon. However, a quick question right now that might help rule out herpes. I have had this redness for a little over 2 weeks now and there has been absolutel no pain, just a bit of itching/tingling at times. The small white pimples started 3 days ago and they do not hurt whatsoever. I hardly even remember that I have a problem there. I heard that Herpes could go unnoticed at times. Could this possibly be the case for me?

Also, since my girlfriend has always come out clean after tests, is there still a possibilty that she has been misdiagnosed because tests were conducted when she didn't have an outbreak? She doesnt recall having an pain before, but only recalls having a yeast infection once many years ago.

Thanks!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:40 pm

This is not a typical presentation for herpes infection although should be excluded.

- A form of inflammation near the glans penis is known as Balanitis.
Balanitis, it is inflammation of the glans penis commonly seen in uncircumscribed men. It usually causes redness and/or a blotchy rash on the glans.
Mixed infection with anaerobic organisms and Candida infection appear to be the most common cause of disease.

Treatment is based on antibiotics / anti fungal treatment, improved hygiene . Circumcision may be needed in some cases

-Dermatitis is still a possiblitity to be the cause of your symptoms.

Aioros - Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Im 20 years old and i had unprotected sex 4 almost a week ago with my girlfriend. I am uncircumsized too, today when i was about to masturbate, when i started to touch my penis i felt this itchyness on the head as i was moving the skin that covers it, i don't know if its called the "foreskin" it made it felt good so i kept going, but i got real scared when i ejaculated with a little blood color and i noticed little red pimples on the head, they don't itch or hurt at all but some part of the skin that covers the head is little swollen. I have read some forums about what might be but im not sure and i wanted to know if someone could help me here.

can anyone tell me if i have to go with a doctor? or what might of caused the problem or if it is nothing serious?
 graph010 - Mon May 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi im 18 and i have one little red bump on the head of my penis ive been with my girlfriend for about a year now and shes the first girl ive had sex with she told me she was clean and got tested before we got together and i noticed this bump before but it went away and know its back if you need more details i can tell you anything else you need to know .
ps im going to a dermatologist in about two weeks is this something i can show them or do i need to see a dr for it.
 waken32 - Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello Doctor.

Am having red patches and spots. Am married , and have sexual only with my wife.

1. Starting august 2009, started off with small red patches, and then it goes off within 3 days. then it comes back again. when we have intercourse.
2. so this continues and after a month or so maybe in Oct 2009, i got this small small pimples tiny ones with pus in it. i was scared about it. It was painless too. and no burning or itching .
3. This again reduced and got the 3rd time just 3 or 4 pimples like . it goes away leaving a red mark
4. the one where i have taken photos was last 2 episodes dec 9th 2009 and dec 20 2009.

photos link : http://picasaweb.google.com/waken32

Please advice..

KEN male 32 years
 james63 - Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I and my wife have taken {Azithromycin1g+cipro 500mg}(One time) and Floxin 400mg+metronidazole 400mg for seven days, to treat Chlamydia T.
My wife after 14 days upon had rashes and itching viginal area and i too have small pimple like spots on pennis, midly itchy. For me the red spots were present prior to treatment.

|