Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Sensitive skin on penis..for several months.

pricejm - Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:31 pm

Ok..here goes..

I had unprotect oral/anal/straight sex with a woman I have known for four years. It lasted a few weeks. The last time..the sex got rough. Her teeth were pretty rough on me down there and I physically squeezed my penis in one instance. Yes..I know this is funny to some, but I want all the details out so I can get an answer. Now, the next day or so I felt a pinpoint pain underneath my penis just behind the head. I have no doubt this was just a bruise on the inside from my squeeze. At the same time on the right side of my penis just behind the head it became itchy (perhaps from the squeeze as well). This area was about the size of a penny or smaller. Tthee were no visible signs of anything, but this lasted several weeks. It eventually subsided..but was very itchy. On the left side of my penis around the same time, I felt a similar sensation about middle way, but a smaller area. At that location was a small skin colored bump that looked exactly like one that I have had for years. Now keep in mind that I am a big worrier. Over the next several weeks and months I have worried, itched, poked, and prodded my penis. I have taken baths in Aloe Vera, salt, and bath oils trying to ease whatever was going on. I have applied hydrogen peroxide, alcohol (BIG MISTAKE), Vitaman E, !00% Aloe Vera, Desitin, Sarna, and maybe a few more things. I have also just tried leaving things alone. At present, I have no bumps, rashes, or anything visible, but my penis has very sensitive skin. Have I seen a Doctor you ask? Welll... I went to a GP about the small bump and he said it was nothing more than a little cyst for lack of a better name and nothing to worry about. I went and had a full physical and ask another doctor to look at the bujmp. He said it was nothing. I pointed out the sensitive skin and he waved my hand off as if it were nothing. Still not satisfied (the worrier in me)... I went to another doctor asking for STD tests. I explained everything as I have here and he really chewed me out for worrying so much and told me to get on with my life. He looked at the itchy area and told me I had nothing. Relunctantly, at my request he ordered an HIV test (6 months after the sex) and it came back negative.

So...my concern... I am still very sensitive down there and it seems to be expanding. I have been good about leaving things alone..despite an occassion application of 100% Aloe Vera gel. The itching seems to occur if I sweat. A simple cleansing the shower takes care of that it seems, but the sensitivity remains. One other thing of note...is that since this started, I have felt an occassional pinpoint pain (like a pin sticking in me) around the anal area. Once again..keep in mind that I am a worrier and what got me started worrying about HPV initially was when this female sex partner of mine told me that a friend hers had genital warts. My friend does have a habit of saying things at the wrong time and occassion so I don't think she was trying to "clue" me in that she had something..but like I said..I worry. By the way, my friend is a professional woman and has regular check-ups and she is by know means dumb and is in fact quite smart with two daughters so I don't think she would put herself at risk. Obviously, she felt comfortable with me regarding unprotected sex and that is ok because at least prior to her I was ok.

Ok..so summary... Why is the skin on my penis sensitive after nearly 7 months? I have no visible signs of anything. Is it my worry? Is it my application of all the chemicals? I think the alcohol was the worst. Is it possible I have a strain of HPV? If so, would my penis skin be sensitive all this time?

What is going on?

I know it is tempting for some to post some funny remarks to this, but please give me a break and let the doc's respond.

Thanks!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:00 pm

User avatar Any time there is the possibility of an STD I recommend the person be tested. Local health clinics can often provide complete and anonymous testing if desired.

There is a small possibility that the sensitive skin is due to some mild nerve damage that may have occurred during the trauma. Nerves take a long time to heal (easily a year) so it is still possible that this area is healing. Pain from nerve issues is often described as tingling or burning. It can be intensified while the nerve heals.

I would recommend you be tested for STD's although this does not sound like an STD and continue to follow up with your doctor.

pricejm - Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Thank you...

My doctor recommended that I apply 1% hydrocortizone creme over the counter medication. I did so for 5 days (2 appllications per day). It has seemed to help quite a bit..and I am now applying only "maintenance" applications when I feel the need. Overall...I thinik it is under control. I think your "nerve damage" explanation may be the most likely cause.

Gentlemen....if you feel manly...don't get to rough with it...or you will definitely pay the price. Be safe at all times. Over confidence and the feeling of invincibilty will be your undoing.

pricejm - Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Hello again...

Just a bit more information because I know how it is when you get scared and want some anwsers.

One of the doctors I saw suggested that this might be neurodermatitis . This is aggravated by stress I understand. After all the searches I did..I never saw neurodermatitis . So..I thought I would mention it here.

I never had any visible signs of anything so I guess stress and anxiety are big players in this.

Thanks again.
 Scatman25 - Wed May 06, 2009 6:14 am

I have reoccurring small blotches of red bumps that come on the head of my penis every now and then.. They are always there (meaning I can always see them). However, from time to time, it appears that they flair up or become a little more visible than usual. When this happens they become extremely sensitive. it is a patch of red bumps like a rash that acts this way.

I've been reading a lot of these posts trying to figure it out. So far I’m confused I don't know if I have those harmless little bumps that some males have reported (whose Dr's say nothing is wrong with them) or if I have an std.

I use to believe that the flaring up and sensitivity effects were due to the random smoking I use to do. However, I have stopped smoking and they still act this way. I’m not circumcised either.
 monokeye8 - Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:55 am

I know this seems like its coming out of left feild here because no one else has mentioned it but you did say that you anal intercourse without protection. Keep in mind that there is alot of nasty bacteria in there and some of it could have gotten into your urethra giving you a mild UTI. That would explain the itching. I have heard that drinking cranberry juice can help with that if you don't have access to proper medicine however I cant sy fr certain if it truly works. Good Luck.

|