Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: red rash and red bumps on penis head

worried44 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 pm

I am a 29 year old male, who about 6 months ago had unprotected sex with my girl friend of the time. About 2 months afterwards i got a red rash on the head of my penis around towards the rim under where the foreskin normally covers. I tried to leave it exposed and dry and within a week it reduced, but didn't ever quite go away. Ever since then (several months) it is still slighlty red in the area, and a bit dry or wrinkly looking. When errect the head of the penis has these red bumps like pin heads in the area. It doesnt seem to get any worse or better. It doesn't itch either.
images: http://80.169.25.135/tmp/1088/pics/
I tried some thrush cream and saw no change. Worried it is herpes.
please help.
worried[/url]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 pm

User avatar Your lesions do not look particularly concerning for herpes. I would be more suspicious of a yeast type infection or contact dermatitis.

Given that the thrush medicine didn't help I would recommend you see a doctor for an evaluation. You may need a mild steroid cream to help clear it up. Using steroids on the genitals can be a bit dangerous and I would not recommend using any over-the-counter creams (like hydrocortisone) until you get a direct examination.

donjohn - Fri May 22, 2009 12:53 am

i am i need help to, i thought it was like a fungal rash on my penis head and under the foreskin. the skin just looked like little itty bitty red bumps all clustered up together, so i kinda ignored it then up at the clinic they said it was a fungal rash. and today i was in the tub and the skin on the rash rubbed off. nothing apeared to be coming out of it, the skin just rubbed off and you could see a little blood but it didn't bleed at all. i'm kinda wondering what this is.
 jasonheath0412 - Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 pm

i ve been with my gf for 5 years but before i was with her i slept around alot barely ever used condoms. about 2 years ago i noticed one or two small white bumps on the top of the inner part of my lip. now its has clustered and are still white patches. also in the inner part of my bottom lip more toard the inside of my mouth i get the same think but they come and go . ill kind of bite at them and theyll bleed heal and go away but come back. on my penis i get white bumps but isolatted ones and they are easliy picked away but always come back. i do shave down there and the hair under my belly button , right there in my gut i have 2 dried out light brown spots raised and when you squeeze them sometimes they have white stuff come out kind if like acne. also i have lost wieght in the last 2 months. about 20 lbs. and here of late ive noticed im losing hair at the bottom my leg where it meets the ankle going up the front part of the shin on both legs. i itch alot on my legs and thighs too and i have night sweats and sometimes wake up with a slight soar throat. my gf has had 2 patchy hair loss incidents on both the sides of her head near the front. and her hair has thinned. she has longer bleeding then normal on her periods and sometimes when she is stressed the blood is an abnormal color. she cant really decribe the color. she also itched on her legs for awhile but it went away. her lips get very dry and chapped and she also has had 2 or 3 large quater size canker soars in her mouth and has complained like her throat is closing up sometimes. when she eats sometimes she feels really queezy.. during some sexuall positons she would have pain at first a few years ago but not anymore

|