Question: TINGLING IN LEGS AND ARMS

CA_State_male - Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:29 am

Hey for the past couple months i have been getting tingling sensations in my lower legs. Now it has spread to my upper arms. It feels kind of like when your leg falls asleep. Its annoying. When i sit down or lay down it starts but when i am standing up it doesnt bother me.Also i get cold really really easily. What the heck is going on with me? :evil: Could it be peripheral neuropathy???
 bh241158 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:23 am

I am also experiencing similar symptoms. It began with tingling on the underside of my left leg and foot one month ago. It then progressed to my right foot, then right hand 2 weeks ago. I now experience it on all 4 limbs. Like yourself I usually feel the symptoms while at rest (sitting, lying down). I don't seem to have any other symptoms. I had a CAT scan of my head 2 weeks ago which showed nothing. I am now waiting to see a neurologist for further testing. Let me know of your progress and I will do so likewise.
 b8251213 - Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:35 am

To all:
Talk to your doctor about having a( Doppler Test Done).
b8251213
 ravenous_wolf - Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:39 pm

I have almost the exact same symptons...

For me, it started with my hands and feet and then it spread all over my body. Legs, stomach, chest, back. It stopped right up to my neck and my arms do not seem to be affected. My fingertips have now gotten worse.

It is a tingling sensation like a part of the body falling asleep and being woken up. A kind of a numbness.

But it won't go away.

It continues to either spread or increase in severity.

My doctor doesn't know what it is. The CT scan came back normal but my doctor referred me to a neurologist which I am waiting to see.

Anybody who as any info on this, I would greatly appreciate any insight on what this could be...
 teige - Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:48 am

I also have the same, as soon as i rest my right leg starts to hurt, then i get a tingling or shivering sensation down that leg. Also my arms are affected, especially when there warm for some reason. Does anyone have veins that hurt as well? Going to the docs tomorrow, if they come up with anything will post the diagnosis.
 teige - Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Well i explained to the doc that i have the tingling sensations in arms and legs, also that from time to time my back freezes upon awakening. My husband has to give me a push when this happens which is really painful.Im only 33 but have had 3 children,all natural births no eppidurals! All my doc did was prescribe me an anti-depressent called amitriptyline, he said the pain i experience is from stress! Im not to sure about this though as it has so many side affects. Is anyone else on this and has it helped you?
 cdavis33 - Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Hello all-
I am currently experiencing many of the same symptoms you have all reported here, however most of these posts were 6 months to a year ago? Any updates or insights you could share?? I am getting worried... my docs all say I am fine and that the symptoms will all go away but they seem to be getting worse by the week. Thanks...
 tykilroy - Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:59 am

I also have had tingling sensations in my legs and it is usually when I lie down at night or sit down. my legs also ache badly sometimes, my pelvic and thigh area ache also. I also have alot of twitching in my calves that i notice more at night when i try to sleep. This is really starting to worry me and the sensations are diving me mad. I do work on the computer alot so i am sitting for hours at a time. I was wondering if sitting for prolonged periods of time might have done something. I hope the rest of you have had better luck than me in finding answers and hope you are all feeling better. I know for me this is very depressing and it is ruining my life.

|