Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Head pain in the lower back of head and swelling

doster02 - Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:01 pm

I have been having some wierd things - the past couple of days I have had a pain in the back of my head at the base of my skull on the right side. Today the pain seems to be much worse, I feel a little sizzy and as the day progressed that side of my head hurt more and my right ear strated to feel very warm -see what I mean by wierd.
I have a histiry of headaches - usually in the fro and never with swelling. When this started hurtingmore this am I noticed a lump on the back of my head that hurts to the touch in the same area that the pain was coming from. I am also having pain in my right hand and arm as well as some tingling.

Not to be rude - but I am not a great "go to the doctor" person - I walk and stay active - I have three young kids - how could i not be active - any idea on what this might be from and how to get it to go away?

doster02
 Jennifer R.N. - Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:30 pm

You know you have to go to the doctor. Even if you don't want to. No-one can tell you what this is or what to do about it unless you have a few tests run. They may want to do a CT scan or an MRI. At least an X-ray. You're just gonna have to go. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-(
 lounger1 - Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:54 am

Did you ever find out what your problem was? I have the same symptoms and I'm deciding whether I need to go to hospital. The bump on the back of my head appeared out of nowhere.

[quote="doster02"]I have been having some wierd things - the past couple of days I have had a pain in the back of my head at the base of my skull on the right side. Today the pain seems to be much worse, I feel a little sizzy and as the day progressed that side of my head hurt more and my right ear strated to feel very warm -see what I mean by wierd.

doster02[/quote]
 vengin51 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:54 pm

I have also experienced this pain and swelling in the lower back of my head on the right side. Any idea what could be causing this?
 scorion - Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:36 pm

I really hope that someone sees this forum here and post some sort of answer cause I've developed the same symptoms except on the left side of the back of my head right at the base of the scull. Please anyone who knows anything about this post a reply!
Sincerly //R
 miurb - Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:01 pm

I too am experiencing swelling and pain in the lower back of my head. For me it is located to the left, near the nape of the neck. I am young and otherwise healthy, and I know I didn't bump my head. It just appeared. I'm wondering if a nurse or doctor could tell me if the problem might have to do with lymph nodes. I also caught a cold at about the same time the pain and swelling started, and the nodes in the sides of my neck were swollen. My question is, are there lymph nodes in this particular spot, and could they be affected?

|