Question: ring and pinky fingers going numb after drinking

Love Rebel - Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:54 am

I am 19 and being a freshman in college, I have been to parties and gotten drunk. What I have noticed is that after I drink alcohol, the following day (i usually get a hang over: stomach ache sometimes, so I drink lots of water too), but something else started happening: my ring and pinky fingers start going numb or tingle a little on both hands. I feel perfectly fine over all when this is happening and This numbness goes away after a few hours, but I just want to make sure that it's nothing serious.

I appreciate all your help, Love Rebel
 psukittenz - Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:52 pm

Love Rebel, I'm 23 years old (freshly out of college) and I've had that problem too - but not after drinking. It just occured at random times - every few weeks or so. Like you, I felt fine when it happened - but maybe a little more stressed out than usual. My pinky and ring finger would tingle and/or go numb on one hand at a time mostly. It usually lasted a few hours. I was a bit freaked out by it and went to the doctor, who said it was my nerves. I have gotten panic attacks in the past, and this was just another symptom of my nervous problems. Like you probably are, I'm very healthy physically. I was told that, like all panic symptoms, it is harmless but weird. Hope this helps. :lol:
 rpgamer2003 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 am

I think I have the exact same problem. I'm 18 and I drank a little too much and when I woke up I had this numb feeling in my fingertips. The left side of my left hand middlefinger's tip is numb and also my ringfinger's tip on my left hand is sort of numb. I've had this since yesterday and it hasn't gone away yet. I don't usually drink that much and I rarely get completely drunk. Four times so far.
 ashalee - Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:48 pm

My name is Ashley and I'm 19 years old, i also have the numbness in my ring and pinky fingers but mine doesnt really stop there....I sometimes have the same problem with my legs and arms....they don't just go numb out no where like my fingers but if i sit indian style for like 3 minutes they go numb same thing with my arms all it takes is like 1 minute of laying on it and it goes numb...i heard it could be from anxiety of it could be carpol tunnel i don't know if its hereditary but my mom had carpl tunnel in both arms but i also have a typing job and i do have anxiety and i notice more if i was drinking the night befour because i heard it causes bad circulation..i don't know i ve asked alot of ppl but im too scared to get checked help!
 laxjustin21 - Wed May 20, 2009 12:23 am

OK so i am 24 years old, i have never had numbness in any of my fingertips, but after a long day and night of heavy drinking, I awoke to the very tip of my pinkie finger being numb. and it has been the same way for three days, and no signs of any changes. anybody know what happened to me and if its happened to anyone else, does it go away? thanks

|