Question: numb hands upon waking up in the morning

idiotjack - Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:20 pm

I have been experiencing this for past 3 months or so- began as slight tingling in the hand (began with more often in the left) it is now changed to a feeling of numbness in both hands without much tingling. Its a every day feature now - Lasts just for about couple of minutes upon waking up and disappears after being awake and even if I am lying down. Not sure if I wake up due to the feeling. doesnt seem to be coming if i only lie down, but seems to be present only if i have undergone deep sleep/REM. Not entirely sure of this though. No pain, doesnt trouble too much, but worried about the cause. During this numbness I have noticed that if i move the little finger it moves with a jerk. Not a smooth movement. Once the numbness is gone in a couple of minutes, then the movement is smooth in the right little finger, but continues to be a bit jerky in the left. Not sure if this was present in the left before this started. Used to walk a significantly for my morning walk (for about an hour, about 7 kms, with steep uphills and downhills included), and have noticed in the past that the tingling which was iniitially there reduced after stopping the walk for more than a fortnight or so. ANd started again after I resumed teh morning walk. But its been a while now that I have stopped the walk due to a sprained ankle, but morning numbness continues to be there. Also i seem to get the tingling (pins n needles) in the feet and arms very easily than before when sitting/resting in awkward positions.
 idiotjack - Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:24 pm

I just posted the message above - i forgot to mention Im a 31 year male, and marginally overweight.
 V0680 - Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi, I was just wondering whether you had received any feedback on this post or generally on your condition. I have almost identical symptoms and am becoming a little concerned so any information would be very much appreciated!

|