Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Swollen left testicle

cma1006 - Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:09 pm

My husband recently informed me about 3 days ago that he was having pain in his testicle and it was swollen..when he showed me, I thought it was VERY large and firm (about 3xs the size of the right). He said that it is a very weird feeling not really painful but a heaviness...he feels the pain in his stomache. He has lower back pain and he is always tired. Also, he has no sex drive; which for him is very unusual..he is just always too tired.
This isnt the first time that he has had pain...about a year ago maybe sooner, he had pain too.

I suggested that he go to his doctor but he insists on waiting at least a week or two to see if it goes away...he said maybe he strained in when working out or it was an ingrown hair and didnt want to make a big deal out of nothing.

Can anyone give me some insight...is this normal, has anyone else had something similar and it turn out to be nothing? I am afraid that he has testicular cancer or something..
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:30 am

User avatar Possible causes include cancer, testicular torsion, inguinal hernia, epididymitis, hydrocele, and varicocele. Other conditions include lymphedema which is a painless swelling that results from blockage of lymph by a tumor or gland in the pelvis or abdomen. Mumps in the adults can lead to a painful swollen testicle that can lead to loss of function and infertility. A spermatocele is another condition that may require surgical attention. A swollen testicle is not a condition that can wait he should consult his doctor immediately. All the above causes need to be evaluated as quickly as possible.

|