News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Swollen left testicle

cma1006 - Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:09 pm

My husband recently informed me about 3 days ago that he was having pain in his testicle and it was swollen..when he showed me, I thought it was VERY large and firm (about 3xs the size of the right). He said that it is a very weird feeling not really painful but a heaviness...he feels the pain in his stomache. He has lower back pain and he is always tired. Also, he has no sex drive; which for him is very unusual..he is just always too tired.
This isnt the first time that he has had pain...about a year ago maybe sooner, he had pain too.

I suggested that he go to his doctor but he insists on waiting at least a week or two to see if it goes away...he said maybe he strained in when working out or it was an ingrown hair and didnt want to make a big deal out of nothing.

Can anyone give me some insight...is this normal, has anyone else had something similar and it turn out to be nothing? I am afraid that he has testicular cancer or something..
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:30 am

User avatar Possible causes include cancer, testicular torsion, inguinal hernia, epididymitis, hydrocele, and varicocele. Other conditions include lymphedema which is a painless swelling that results from blockage of lymph by a tumor or gland in the pelvis or abdomen. Mumps in the adults can lead to a painful swollen testicle that can lead to loss of function and infertility. A spermatocele is another condition that may require surgical attention. A swollen testicle is not a condition that can wait he should consult his doctor immediately. All the above causes need to be evaluated as quickly as possible.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here