"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: hard lump on side of head near temple

tannilisa - Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:27 am

Hello, I recently discovered a very hard and fairly good sized lump on my head right above my temple, I have not bumped my head, it doesn't hurt and is not red at all, I also have a hard lump in the back of my neck that has been there for a few years now, but the head one is sort of baffling me because I have no idea what could cause a lump in this area. It almost feels like bone, and it was not there before (I definitly would have noticed because of the size of it). Any ideas what it could be? Should I get it looked at or wait and see if it starts going away?

Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:58 am

User avatar Hello Tanya,
I think you should have it looked at as soon as possible.