Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen lymph nodes won't go away

Krby84 - Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:15 pm

Hello. I am 20 years old and have had swollen lymph nodes for almost 4 years now. They are only on one side of my neck, usually 3 of them. This summer, a huge lump formed behind my other ear...it was very noticiable and hard....wouldn't move around. I went to the doctor...she said give it 2 weeks...it is much smaller but still there (she had no clue what it was). The ones in my neck get big and then smaller but never go away...sometimes my neck feels stiff because they swell so much. :? I also have a tiny one down my neck almost on the bone from my shoulder (is this a lymph node too?). I am worried because it has been so long and they won't go away. doctors don't really give me any answers. I have epilepsy so I have many doctor appointments and this has kinda taken a back seat. advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.... it is wonderful what you do to help people. Thanks.
:D - Krby84
 marymalcolm - Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:23 am

Hi Krby!

Wow! What a positive step for you to reach out for help as you have. Nodes often swell to help the body deal with infection, and at times they don't return to their original size. I'm not a physician, so I could not tell you exactly what's going on, but I would recommend being a bit more insistent with your concerns. The next time you go to the doctor, come armed with a list of symptoms and any questions you have about these swelling nodes. Let the doctor know just how much this concern is affecting your life, and hopefully they will take the time to sit down with you and address everything you have written out.

If this does not happen, you may need to find a separate physician to bring your concerns to. Any time something 'strange' is happening in your body, you have the right to know what's going on. I truly hope you find the answers you are seeking.

Best Wishes,
Mary

|