Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Pea-sized, non-painful lump around anal hole

Jay_RV - Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:32 pm

I have the following problem: It's a fairly small lump, about pea-sized, it's not particularly painful but if I press on it there is a little bit of pain. Nothing severe at all. It's around the hole of the anus. I first noticed it maybe a week and a half ago.

At first I couldn't locate it again so I just forgot about it, but earlier today I came across it again. It's not particularly hard, but not exactly soft, either, and isn't really prone to moving around too much. I think the first thing that jumps to many people's minds in a situation like this is, "Could it be cancer?" Of course, I'm concerned about it, but I realize there are other possible explanations as to what it is. I'll try to see if I feel that it's getting any larger or whatnot, but in the week and a half or so that I remember noticing it, it hasn't gotten any bigger.

I'd just like to sort of see how your situation turned out and if the doctor can offer any further advice. I know this sort of thing really probably should be checked out physically, but man...unless there's a serious chance that it's something bad, I'd really like to spare myself the ordeal?
 M3ds - Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:02 pm

Pretty much the same with me as with Jay_RV... but a little different.
I've had mine for about a week now, size hasn't changed but it's become much more uncomfortable. After a day of walking... like I said, uncomfortable. I sit with one side up a little higher as to not put my whole wieght on it.
I have been sitting on an "ice pack" (bag of frozen veggies) to ease it a little, hopefully shrink it(?) as a couple websites suggested, but all it does is numb it (which is also a good thing).
It is purple, about twice the size of a pea, and is definatly quite sensitive, though it doesn't "hurt" to touch it.

Does this sound like the same thing? Any updates on the previouse posts or new information would be greatly appreciated. Definatly rather not have to go to the doc if I can help it.
 Need Help - Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:58 pm

Hi, I was just reading your above posts, and you people seem to have similar description as to what i seen, but i noticed that about a year ago it was there and it was much smaller and now just hte other day i noticed it after long tiem again and its definitely bigger than it was a year ago i don't know what to do or think of it as, it concerns me as it is about the almost the size of a peanut or something and the rest of its description is same as the ones in the above postings. What can it be? and how do i treat it naturaly , is there any cream etc, whichever treatment there would be i bet it would be embarrassing though.... can someoen help me please its kinda scary since dno what it is or much about the risk etc.. don't know if it is something that could spread or if its just a bump without risk.. hopefuly it is nothing to worry about.
 P20 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi. I have something that sounds similar to all the above posts and I don't know what to do. I'm beginning to get really worried and the fact that this is in the anal cancer forum isn't helping to put my mind at rest. So I was wondering if anybody knows what it could be or what I should do? Do I just see my GP? Or do I need to see somebody else?

I'm only 16 and I realllllly don't wanna see my doctor, but will if I absolutely have to. Thanks x
 Shredded_wheat - Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:25 am

Hiya

I seem to have the same problem.A lump inside & 1 outside the rim of my bottom. (but not on the cheeks). Realy worried as had 1 before, bout 5 months ago & I didnt do anything about it & it eventually went. But now theres 2, & they hurt when I touch them. There hard & purple. PLEASE can you help!! I'm a 20 year old student,who is homosexual. But nothing enters my back passage!!

M Simpson x
 matthew111 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:39 pm

sounds like hemorrhoids baron2k50

Your risk of getting anal cancer are very low for your age group. Its quite rare.. tho it can happen.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, I noticed something about 3 months ago then just ignored it... Found it was still there and went to doctors, as i suspected it was an Hemorrhoid. I get quite a bit of blood from it too! but when it does bleed the lump goes down and the pain with it ! lol.

Just go to your doctor if your worried. I was so embarrised to see a doctor but I quickly got over it after realizing that things could be far worse if it did happen to be serious.

There is absaloutly no reason why people should live in silence when it comes to medical problems, however minor they are.. If it concerns you then do speak about it to your gp.
 Ashman - Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 pm

i got the same sort of problem as you two and i also thought it was cancer in the back of my mind but now i came across this site today its resured me i have the lump in the same location as you lot described, and its also about the same size its been there for around 2 months now although a month ago i could not find it but i checked again yesterday and found it to my surprize.
it doesn't hurt or nothing unless i squeez it but i would really prefer if it wasn't there so do you doctors have any cures.
 jkphil - Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:11 am

Hi, I was reading the above posts and am now more cncerned than ever. About 5 days ago, my husband was acting realy edgy and was walking normal. I finally got it our of him and he told me that there was some sort of sac or sore roght on his anus that hurt very badly. Now my husband has a high tolerance for pain and usually doesn't complain of pain or take pain meds for anything including 3 day long migraines. So you can imagine when he started taking 3 advil and asking me what the signs are of hemmoroids were; I got converned. He would not let me see it nor would he go to the dr and assummed it would go away. But each day it causes him more pain and because of the location, he is too embarrassed to go to the MD. He got out of bed and his boxers had blood on it. He cleaned it and finally allowed me to look at it to see if maybe it was simply a huge boil or something. When I saw it I was like OMG! I have been researching all over this internet tring to find something that remotely looked like what I saw. I am going to explain here in hopes that someone will be able to help me to know what to do for him.

He was right; it was right on the anus. It look like a lump or possible swollen hemmorhoid, and there was blood around it but the most scarry part of it was that it had some sort of black thing on the outside of the skin. I have not seen any pictures on the internet and none of the Anorectal abscess or fissure pictures (only a few pics found) looked like or described a black thing on the outside. I do not think it is a boil because I know what those look like and this was not it unless there is something called an inside out boil. The fact that the black thing was on the surface of the lump or nodule has me concerned. I cannot convince him to go to the dr. because he is so embarrassed and prob fears what he or she wopuld think. I am sure you all know how men can be about having someone look in an area only his mother has seen (due to diaper changes, etc). Please if anyone has had a simlilar thing happen or knows something that should make me rush him to the dr., please share it with me. I am a 29 year old mom, and wife and we share 5 children together and cannot imagine anything happening to him. He is our whole world.

Thanks,
Vry cncrnd
 jkphil - Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:15 am

OMG! Your situation sounds just like my husbands. I see the date you posted has been awhile. Has it gotten better or have you seen teh MD?

Hope you feel better soon!
vry cncrnd

M3ds wrote:Pretty much the same with me as with Jay_RV... but a little different.

KindaScared - Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:34 pm

Hi ...
I'm experiencing the same problem everyone else described....except i haven't noticed the presence of any blood. It was a long time ago when I first realized I had it, and then it was only there for a day or two. Then it appeared again about 5 days ago, and is still the same.... This is about the third or fourth time I've had it.

(To be kinda blunt and up front about it, I have to say that the first time I notice it on each occurrence is immediately after a bowel movement. I don't know if that means anything at all, or what, but that's just something I've noticed...)

It's right there, "in the way", I guess you could say, right on the edge of the hole. It's very purple, and very firm feeling...and the pain...well, to be honest, the only way i can think to describe the pain is just to imagine that I had a marble between my butt cheeks. I feel it constantly, but I *really* know it's there if I clench my muscles together or sit up really straight...or if I spread the cheeks apart.

I do have photographs of the lump, if that would help anyone diagnose?

Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to a possible response!!
 alison46465589 - Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 am

Hello !
im experiencing something similar to this ...
there is a bump near my anus and it hurts a lot ! !
i havent told my parents and doctors about this [i am scared]
i hav been inspecting it o_o' i tend to ''touch'' it and it feels hard and it really hurts. this has been happening for 2 days [ my periods has just ended ]
the size is like the size of a penny
at first i thought i was like a ''extra bone'' or sumthin and ignored it but as i thought about it i thought it was cancer now im freaking out ...
i thought about squeezing it but didnt have the courage to...
my mom had a ''pimple'' kinda spot around her butt and she had surgery done on it ..so i don't know if mines similar to my mom's but im scared to tell her D:
please help me

|