News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: effects of wearing shoes that are too big??

abcdabcd - Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am

My stepmother is buying my little half sister shoes that are way too big for her. My sis is a size 3.5 and some of her shoes I can fit (size 6.5).

Are there any issues that can be caused by wearing shoes that are too big??

I know I'm uncomfortable in big shoes. But my sister is developmentally delayed and cannot express herself. So I'm worried that she's uncomfortable, but not saying anything. But again, aside from comfort are there any other issues??
 Sandy Tracy RN - Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:38 am

User avatar Hi abcdabcd,

Wearing shoes that are too big can cause alot of the same issues that occur when you wear shoes that are too small. Wearing shoes that do not fit can lead to blisters, lost toenails, bunions, and hammertoes. Shoes that do not fit properly can also cause the child to trip and lead to other foot problems. Shoes that are too large will bend in the wrong place and put stress on the wrong parts of the foot. I would suggest making sure your sister has her feet measured in a shoestore by a trained person. This will assist in finding the proper size footwear.

Thanks for writing in and good luck.
Sandy Tracy RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here