Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: lump or blister on uvula

joann9298 - Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:10 am

27/F I went to the Dr. about a lump or blister on my uvula, week or so ago. She put in a referral to the ENT but it is not till the 21st. It still is there but now its 2 lumps or blisters. She also told me I have a rash on the top part of my mouth. Which is still present. I can not find any info on this. Can anybody tell me anything.
Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:17 am

Hi joann9298,
Have you experienced a recent Fever, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, etc.? For example, Herpangina more commonly affects children, but may also be seen in adults. This condition is usually caused by the coxsackievirus and presents as an acute onset of Fever, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, red rash in the mouth and vesicular lesions may be present on the tonsils, uvula, etc. Keep in mind that I am not implying this is the causative factor of your illness but used as an example. The ENT will be able to identify the source of your complaint. Best wishes.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.