Question: How to stop sexual cravings

satya_051378 - Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:26 pm

Hi
I have a constant craving for sex . I have this from past 4-5 years and these days it has become worst .I have started seeing women who make sex for money .I want to sptop myself from doing it .
I constantly keep telling my self that what I am doing is wrong but some times I get these urges very badly I could not stop my self please help me what I have to do to stop these cravings . Your help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
 aadams - Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:40 pm

I have the same problem. I am a 28 yr. old female, and always think about sex and always want it. I have been this way ever since I hit puberty too. I think that rather than thinking of this as "cravings", you have to realize that it is actually an addiction, not really a craving. I have what is called an addictive personality which means I become addicted to things very easily. Sex just happens to be one of my addictions. I don't know that there is really a "cure" for it, but as dirty as it might sound, my personal suggestion would be to masturbate whenever possible. It seems to help me calm down some, and subdue the constant "cravings".
 timkatimka - Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:45 pm

hey AADAMS

i think one of the solutions for your problem would be to find a person whom you'd like to spend the rest of your life with and continue your craving with him.. cause that way.. it's not an addiction but just the normal function of family...and trust me, he'll understand you.. no matter what you crave for.....i'd love my girl to be that way.. you don'd even know.. :) GOOD LUCK!..
 hunch - Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:54 am

hi,
i just having a normal craving for sex, but i really want to put it to a stop because my husband don't has any intention to have sex with me. so i really like to have a solution how should i put it to stop so i wont be down or depress about this matter. is there any medication that you can advise me? i want it to be stop i don't to have that feelings anymore because i just want to do on my life with my children. i hope you can advise me on this matter.
so i'll be waiting for your reply, i need to find solutions.
regards,
hunch
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Hello satya 0513778,

Those who have offered suggestions to you have raised interesting points, but may be too simplistic. It's very true that sex can be an addiction, and it is treatable, usually by an inpatient sex addiction program. Your use of purchased sex is highly susceptible to sexually-transmitted diseases, so if you continue with that activity, be sure to take reasonable precautions. The activity is causing you stress, and needs to be evaluated and treated. Your first step is to see a mental health professional; your physician should be able to refer you to one. The causes of such an addiction can be due to several things, including sexual abuse, poor self-esteem and body image, addictive personality, or other psychological conditions. Evaluation can help clarify your issue, and indicate the appropriate treatment. It would be helpful for you to list the approximate dates of your sexual activity for the past few months, so the evaluator can have a clear picture of the intensity of your activity. There may well be a support group in your area.

I hope this is helpful to you.

|