News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: shoulder blade pain

nat82 - Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:12 am

I suffer really bad shoulder blade pain especially between my left shoulder blade and my spine. The pain feels like I've been sitting up for hours and no matter what stretches I do the pain does not go away until I go to bed at night and fall asleep, which is sometimes quite hard due to the pain. I'm only 22 years old and noone else suffers the pain I get at my work and these ladies are alot older I don't feel like this is normal, PLEASE HELP.
 gforeman9 - Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 am

I have been suffering what seem to be very similar symptoms for almost a year now. I am 24, and have dealt with the same sort of frustrations you are describing. I sit at a desk all day, but so does everyone else in my office. So why am I suffering? I have been through several doctors, and my problem has been most recently diagnosed as being muscular in nature. I have basically been told that the muscles around my left shoulder blade are often tense and become fatigued, causing a joint in that area to kind of lock up and stop functioning. This causes a relatively low-level, but mostly constant pain. I can exercise and do just about everything physically, and this pain sometimes lessens after certain activities. At other times, especially towards the end of a work day, the pain flares up and is very uncomfortable. I am beginning to think that stress may be a significant factor in causing this, but I'm not sure.

nat82, have you had any luck in managing or eliminating your pain since your post? If anyone else has had similar issues or just has advice about my situation, please post your thoughts.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:02 pm

User avatar Pain of the shoulder may have many reasons, but the symtoms you are describing might be due du a muscle dysbalance. If something warm on your shoulder, a warm bath or somethinmg relaxing like a massage is helpfull, you might benefit from practicing in the gym under supervision to strength the chest and the shoulder girdle. If this is not helpfull, I would suggest to attend a orthopedian.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here