Question: Yellow/orange solids in my semen - ejaculate blood

MedicalAdviceNeeded - Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 pm

25.M.Past Cured Chlamydia Infection.No Surgeries. No Family history.

I have been passing yellow/orange solids in my semen, they occur approx. 1 out of every 3-4 times I ejaculate. As mentioned I had chlamydia and took my antibiotic and tested for cure 30 days later and was in fact cured. Now I am suffering with this annoying problem. I tested for all other STD's and was negative.
The solids somtimes cause discomfort, like they are hindering my semen from releasing, blocking it. Somtimes I feel the solids get stuck in my shaft and have to force them out manually.
What in your opinion could be causing me to release these annoying solids about 30-40% of the time I ejaculate? Should I worry about Cancer? Can it be somthing extremely serious? I am trying to get an appointment with a physician as we speak, but your advice would be greatly appreciated and could prepare me for what may lay ahead.
There are no other problems in that area, my urine flows fine and at regular intrevals, no noticable marks or scars on my penis, aside from the solids in my semen, it would appear everything is fine down there.
Please help me with your expertise. Also anyone who may have had a similar experience your imput would be greatly appreciated as well.
Also, worth noting. The first time this happened, there was blood in my semen for about 3 days, then the solid passed for the first time, leading me to believe it was the reason for the blood. Now I just get the solids, no blood in semen or urine.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:07 pm

User avatar This is a little perplexing to me. I would hypothesize that what you are seeing may actually be small amounts of blood still in your semen. The blood may be clotting forming the solids you describe.

Infection is possible. If STD's are possible I would recommend you be tested again. Also, STD's often run in packs, so if you had chlamydia it is possible that you may have another infection as well. The testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia is not 100% sensitive so a negative test may have missed an infection. Infections may or may not have pain.

With blood in the semen, cancer is a possibility. Infection is probably more likely.

I would recommend you see a urologist for an evaluation.

MedicalAdviceNeeded - Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:39 am

Thank you doctor for the quick reply.
Maybe this scernario will shed some more light on the subject.
I caught chlamydia 5 months ago, I was not diagnosed and cured until 2.5 months after catching it. Gonnerrhea was negative then, just positive for chlamydia. I went back for 2-3 weeks later and tested for everything else via a blood sample, after 2 weeks my results came back negative for syphillis, Hep A and B, and HIV. I then returned 3 weeks later to test for cure for chlamydia, which came back negaive for both chlamydia and gonnerhea.
So in short I have tested twice for Chla. and Gonner. and once for the rest. I really hope that the STD could not pass undetected with todays testing.
Also, the solids are yellow/orange, which does not look like blood, but may be, I am not a doctor.
It is just very odd, this only happened a couple of times before I was cured from my infection, and now after cured, it seems to happen more often. I guess the only way to know, would be to see a doctor and have more tests done.
Well, I just wanted to add to my post just incase the additional info helps.
Thanks again and if there is anything you would like to add please do, I feel I wont get into the doctor for a few days, so some more advice would be nice.
 MedicalAdviceNeeded - Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:55 pm

Also, as a side note I have gone through life with only one descended testicle, i just discovered that this raises my chances for Cancer, is this true? I did not mention it above, simply because it is a way of life for me and did not seem to be anything serious. I really beleive STD's are not the case here, like I said, I have been tested for cure and was negative for Gon. and Chlam. Also my tests for Hep A,B,C, syphilis and HIV were neg. This is really bothering me, not knowing what may be happening to me. I wil try to get in ASAP to a doctor, but know it will take time in my area.

Well thanks agian for your current post and info, if you have anymroe please post again.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:46 pm

User avatar It sounds as if you have been thoroughly tested for STD's so I think this is less likely to be causing your symptoms.

Having an undescended testicle increases your risk of developing testicular cancer by a significant amount, even if the testis is brought down into the scrotum surgically.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of much else regarding your condition. Seeing a urologist will be important.

nycrealtor - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:17 am

Medicaladviceneeded, I would like to hear how the issue turned out for you.....
 jcpa21 - Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:19 pm

medicaladviceneeded, you're probably not still viewing this forum, as it's been a couple years, but i just came across your post, and i'm having the EXACT same condition you were. orange-ish, waxy debris in semen, with discomfort during ejaculation. i have not seen any blood. i also had some form of urethral infection several months ago which has been cured. i thought it was an STD (chlamydia or gonorrhea), but i was tested for all STDs and all came up negative. i was treated with doxycycline for the "non-specific urethritis," which cleared it up (i was having discharge during the infection, but that cleared up after the course of antibiotics). the infection was about 6 months ago, and i've had the debris in my semen for probably 2 or 3 months now, and it seems to be getting progressively worse. just like you, it only seems to happen 25% of the time, but lately it's more like 50%. ejaculation can be quite umcomfortable, and i'm starting to avoid it. i am 31 years old.

this seems to be a rare condition, as i've only found one mention of it on the web besides your post. there was some mention of urine backing up somehow into the prostate due to a blockage in the urethra. apparently "eddy" currents form during urnination and somehow cause urine to get sucked into the prostate, where it crystallizes. the debris is the same material that comprises kidney stones. this makes sense, as it does kind of look like dried, crystallized urine to me. i have also noticed slight difficulty urinating on very rare occassions, and decreased flow.

anyhow, if you by some miracle happen to see this, i'd love to hear what your diagnosis was. i hope you are well. i don't have health insurance at the moment and cannot afford to see a urologist...
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm

User avatar Hi MedicalAdviceNeeded,
Human semen 'gels' following ejaculation.It also may contain cell debris, gel-like 'particles' or mucus streaks.However, these are not hard.It is possible that some 'liths' (stones) from the prostate might have somehow found their way into your semen.This would be very unusual.These are not well known warning signs of any serious underlying disorder.Presence of blood in the semen however, should be investigated fully by a urologist- as advised by Dr. Chan Lowe earlier on.

|