Question: Sharp pain in penis after ejaculating

oceanview2007 - Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:02 pm

I am a 22 year old male with no previous urology problems. About 3 days ago after ejaculating I had a very sharp pain. Also when I would urinate the first 10-15 hours after it was very painful. Not buring a deep sharp pain like some one was riping the skin or a muscle apart. After a good night sleep and some tylenol the next morning I had the pain a little bit when urinating but not even half as bad. Later in the day when I would urinate there was no pain at all. Once again after ejaculating that evening there was that pain again. It was not as bad this time but still very stong. When I urinated it hurt just like the time befor. I took the tylenol pm so I could sleep. The next morning when I urinated there was no pain and no pain from urinating at any time during that day. I chose not to masterbate that evening because it felt like I had riped something and i thought the masterbating was iritating it. With out masterbating/ejaculating for 2 days I had no pain that whole entire time. I decided to masterbate after the two days and I had that pain again. Now the pain is not as bad though. Its still very uncomfortable but manageable. Did not need any medication for the pain. When I urinated this time it hurt a little but not much. So it seems that I am only geting this pain after ejacualting and it seems to take a few secounds after befor I get it. I have not been to a doctor and will prob go on monday or tuesday if this does not go away. The last time I and my girl friend had sex was about 2 weeks befor this and I had no problems when masterbating befor this. If some one could please tell me what else this could be if it is not some sort of uti or infection. Why does it only hurt after ejacualting and does not hurt while masterbating? Why does it not hurt to urinate unless I have ejaculated with in the last 30mins or so? I know that it could be an infection, but why would it only hurt when I ejaculate and not when I urinate?? Is it posible that I riped or damaged something between the urethia and the tube that comes up fron the prostate or the ejcaulation duct? Also when I get this pain the tip of my penis becomes very sensative.

oceanview2007
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 pm

User avatar It sounds as if you may have some irritation of the vas deferens or collecting ducts that the semen travels through but not urine itself. The location is likely close to the point that the seminal ducts connect to the main urethra since you continue to have pain with urination afterwards.

An infection such as epididymitis is possible as well.

I would recommend that you see a doctor to be evaluated for an infection that may need treated with antibiotics.

|